Sign in to follow this  

what to do?

So this is my new to me 87' xr250r, only things i did so far were change the tires put in 650 studs, put on acerbis wind protectors and scott grips+donuts, and did a real quick scrape on the nasty spray paint over the old white plastics, so i need to know what mods are suggested, and what full exhaust system should i look for as the old exhaust is cracked at the mid/slip on:bonk: its a bit rough cosmetically but runs tip top no smoke/no knocking, amazing bottom/top end on this beast i wasn't expecting the bite from a 4poke. i do enduro/hare scramble style riding so thats what the mods should be more towards. i also am getting a gps/speedo soon hopefully! also i noticed on the headlight plastic there are some "CP PISTONS" stickers are these good pistons? heres a quick pic from tonights ride. i know the red/white on the plastics looks horrible but ill sand it sooner or later :smirk:

006pky.jpg

also how fast should this bike go stock? cause i got it up to 130km, im just trying to figure out if it was bored or mod'd by the P.O.

Sounds like it could be a big bore. I was suprised how fast and grunty mine was until I found it was bored to 77mm/280cc. Just picked up a load of spares for mine, I want to keep it going forever:ride:

hey acid, i have an 86 looks like urs except the SP!:smirk:

but, as far as how fast, on the dirt, when i can open it abit it runs up to 50mph real fast. it is stock also. i have done the simple mods too.