Sign in to follow this  

Am I the only 1? Rear brake bolt!

Am I the only one who has loosened the bolt that holds on the rear brake petal. And come to find out ther is a PIN! on the back side! I didn't find out till I had the bolt out. No wonder it was so hard to turn. Now it is stripped out and I am wondering if any one else has done this, and what did you do to fix it?

Don't feel bad, the idiots at the dealership busted mine. I bought mine and left them at work so the boy would not see them (Xmas gift). At break we were looking at them and I noticed metal shavings on the swingarm...checked it out and found the bolt messed up. The dealer gave me new hardware and everything went back together. If the new hardware won't thread back in you will need to run the appropriate size tap through the threads....if that does not work you will need a heli-coil insert. This involves drilling out the hole, tapping it with a special tap (usually included in the kit) and putting in the heli-coil insert (looks like a really really tightly wound spring that replaces the threads).

Am I the only one who has loosened the bolt that holds on the rear brake petal. And come to find out ther is a PIN! on the back side! I didn't find out till I had the bolt out. No wonder it was so hard to turn. Now it is stripped out and I am wondering if any one else has done this, and what did you do to fix it?

What year is your X?

I have an 05 250x. I was wondering if anyone knew of a flange nut I could use from the other side after I drilled the hole out and got new hardware?

I have an 05 250x. I was wondering if anyone knew of a flange nut I could use from the other side after I drilled the hole out and got new hardware?

You're in luck it can be easily fixed better than new! The 04-06 brake pedal bolt has 8x1.25 thread, 07-up is 10x1.25. Drill and tap the frame for 10x1.25 then use the pivot bolt for the 07 model. You may also want to buy the washer that mounts between the pedal and the frame otherwise you'll need to drill your's out for the larger bolt.

That sounds like the news I was waiting for! What about the brake petal? Can I still use my 05 petal?

That sounds like the news I was waiting for! What about the brake petal? Can I still use my 05 petal?

Just make sure you drill that hole true.

Thanx Chopper! 07 pivot bolt came today, my mechanic buddy stoped by on dinner break and tapped it. Now it is better than new! That was GOOD ADVICE!

• Like 1