Sign in to follow this  

Tusk Super White Bulb 35/35W = 60/60W HONDA

Will this TUSK Super White Bulb 35/35W =60/60W work with my stock light housing for my xr 400 . I am still trying to find an exact part number for a bulb/adapter that will work with my stock light housing and stator. I have the tusk handle bar control switch ready to go for my dual sport application.

Edited by XL100allnightlong
ADDING

I decided to go with the Xtec 45/45W halogen lamp from Ricky Stators for my dual sport project. It is a H6M 12V. Ricky Stator and all the Thumpertalk members were really helpful with making sure that this bulb would fit into the stock housing of the xr400. Ricky Stator also hooked me up with the socket for the bulb. Great customer service from them!

I decided to go with the 45W bulb because I wanted a bulb a little brighter than the stock 35W and I wanted to keep the stock stator and AC power. I hooked it up to the tusk handlebar switch last night and fired it up. For only being 10W more than stock what a difference! I love it. And the tusk switch is nice because besides being able to switch from low/high beam you can also shut your light completely off which is nice.

Bulb was $9, light socket was $5, shipping was $5 from California to Michigan and I got the part 2 days after ordering. I was able to use the stock rubber housing to go over the new socket and light, I just had to make a pin hole in the rubber housing for the extra wire to come through. This light isn't as bright as the 100W bulbs that riders have been using with rewound stators but it is a big difference from the stock bulb which is like a flashlight taped to the front of the bike. And only costing $19 total for the upgrade for a hi/low beam to pass inspection in Michigan for dualsporting, it is well worth it!

I also kept the stock plastic light cover as I don't believe that the SuperBrite 45W will melt it. No need for the glass cover as of yet. If I ever upgrade to a bulb over 55W then I will go with the glass light cover. Just have to wire up the tail light now and find a horn that will work on AC power and I will be just about set for the road in the spring.

Thanks for the info XL. Its good it all worked out to your expectations. I think I will give Rick a call tomorrow and get my head light all figured out.

Thanks