Sign in to follow this  

2001 yz125 cylinder

Just picked up an 01 yz125 in pretty good shape for 600 the other day, but the cylinder is wasted. I know there's some interchangeable years on these bikes, anybody know what year cylinders match up for this bike?

Devin

Your best bet is going to be shipping that trashed cylinder out for repairs. US Chrome, Millennium Technologies, and Powerseal are all highly recommended, and should be able to get you back up and running for about 200-220ish. I know this is not what you asked, but in my opinion, a repaired and replated cylinder is better than OEM new. I believe that the plating is harder and more firmly adhered to the cylinder, and with the ports properly chamfered, the chances of screwing up the plating again is much lower.

I'm looking to get a great condition, used cylinder and there are part outs for them all the time (I'm an avid ebayer). I won't be putting in a piece of crap and all the ports and such will be checked, and OEM makes a great product. My 05 125 has yet to get a top end at about 80 hours and it runs perfect with good compression and it's on stock everything.

Millenium Technologies does super work, fast turn around too.

turns out it wasn't too beat up, one of my moto friend's dad builds race engines for a living (owns his own machine shop) and was able to buff and hone it just enough to keep standard bore today. thanks for the suggestions, wasn't expecting my problem to be solved this quick! hahah