Sign in to follow this  

2000 YZ250 super flat on top end? Plz help.

The bike WAS rebuilt, and is extremely responsive right off idle and in the mid-range just how it should be. However, 90% of the time when im ringing it through the gears, its stops pulling in the high RPM's way to soon. The engine holds a flat, consistent rev and the bike stops gaining speeds it just makes noise. On rare occasions, it will rev all the way out though. I'm beginning to think my powervalve needs cleaned? Do i need to pull the top end off to clean it, or just the cover? I've read that aluminum safe cleaner, and a scotch-brite pad is a good way of taking the carbon off. I've never messed with a powervalve before, so a little insight would be appreciated. Thanks guys.

i personnally would just pull the top end it will be easier to work with/clean out, i would pay close attention to the two outside cylindrical valves, they seem to jam up the most

jetting is going to be inconsistent if theres another potential probelm with the motor

• Like 1

Well at least check compression and do a pressure test before you tear it apart. No sense in tearing it down if there is no need. You wont know if theres a need unlesS you diagnose it.

What pipe do you have? Sounds like how my bike ran with a Gnarly and super lean jetting. I got rid of both and it pulls...

Pull your PV side cover off make sure it's working. I would also check your silencer and make sure it's not plugged. My turbine core plugs up a lot.