Sign in to follow this  

Got my suspension done...

Finally decided to have my suspension done. I took it to George at ESP and told him to do whatever he wanted to get it perfect for me. He installed the Factory Connection shock bladder on the shock along with a straight rate ESP scec spring. Up Front he revalved the forks and set them up for me. Let me tell you, the difference with the new suspension is night and day. The bike is so plush, no harshness anywhere, turns so much better and simply eats rocks and glides over them. I spent under $700, and that included the sweet shock bladder and shock spring. It's money well spent.. I'm just mad at myself that I waited so long to get it done. Can't say enough about George and his work ethic. I'm a big fan of his....

d37e7d6c.jpg?t=1325538265

30eff111.jpg?t=1325538261

:smirk:

Reposting reply that was lost in the forum upgrade -

Running the same 7.6 rear spring and .48s (1 step stiffer) up front. Just had my shock serviced but no revalve yet. Adding the stiffer springs helped a lot, especially with the open cartridge forks, which were down in the harsh part of the stroke with the stock .44 springs. I will eventually get her a revalve. Missed my chance to easily have Stillwell do it as he was local to me in Franktown CO, but has now moved to AZ. Slavens and Hitchcock are local to me, will probably have one of them do it.

Rode a friend's fully Stillwell farkled KTM back to back with my bike. My stiffer spring only setup is notably better than stock, and his sprung/revalved setup is notably better than mine. Stiffer springs alone really helps, but you can feel the "precision" of the damping with the revalve.

If money is tight, I suggest you do the springs for your weight first. Good bang for the buck value there on these bikes. I think 'Berg/KTM is doing a better job with the stock valving on their recent bikes.

For reference sake, I weigh 190 naked, ride a B pace and like to play in the rocks :smirk:

Edited by Duken4evr

Little surprised to hear how much of a difference a revalve on an a bike with woods set up suspension stock. When I got my revalve on my yz for woods it was night and day. However after a year I'm getting more picky about the "harshness" I feel through some rocks and roots. But that's just after not riding anything with mx suspension in the woods after a year.

Just didn't think it be night and day on an enduro machine...