Sign in to follow this  

Crf150r to bigwheel

Hi there. I just got a new crf150r yesterday. Everything on his craigslist posts and videos and txts the gy sent me id that it was big wheel. But when I got home I looked at the wheels and guess what, it was a smallwheel:foul:. I was mad. So I came here to see if any of you guys knew how to convert a small wheel to bigwheel. You could include the list of parts and prices. Thankyou much!:lol::bonk::lol::lol::smirk::lol::lol:

I got this info from a thread on crfsonly.com, no first hand experience myself.

Required:

RB swingarm

RB rims

RB spokes

Tires/tubes

Lower top of forks to 8mm from top of fork tube (not top of fork cap)

Longer chain

Larger rear sprocket (stock RB is 56)

HIGHLY SUGGESTED:

RB rear brake line - some people stretch the R line but it is a bad idea.

Part number wise, the bikes are identical except for the items mentioned. Only difference between the R and RB fork is the line on the R that tells you where the top tree sits.

• Like 1

I am in the same boat, is it real worth spending that much money to gain 1.5-2" of seat height. I don't think so, i'm gonna stick with the small wheels.

The longer wheelbase helps stable the bike. It also slows the turning. Larger wheels have better rolling resistance and great for woods riding. Is it worth it?? If you have a big young rider that doesn't want or handle a 250, or a young small rider that can't touch on a big bike then I say yes. MX class wise, no different because these bikes are listed as "outlaws" or Mod bike with or with out large wheels placing them in superminis.

Adult wise big wheels are a big plus!

I have the used parts to do the conversion if anyone wants to tackle it.

Have the 150r and want to convert to Big Wheel (BW) for my kid.... Isnt the shock longer on the BW? The Small Wheel R I have still needs the swingarm recall to be performed and was thinking I could talk honda into giving me the longer swingarm off the BW instead of the R model. Then I would just need to do the chain, wheels, brake line... Dave what do you have?

Sorry, I did not get back on here in time. I had everything from a 150rb that threw a rod. About all I have left is the head! Sorry guys.

I Have a set of big wheels if anyone's interested. Pm me or contact me at 256-466-2773. Can ship and provide pictures.