Sign in to follow this  

Anyone ride doubles on your supermoto?

I have a R6 right now and the wife loves going out for rides. I am in the market for a dual sport and have been looking at some ktm's that have dirt tire setups and supermoto tires. Just wondering if riding doubles on these is really feasible.

ive taken my girl through the hills on my wr400 supermoto... it is possible... very very uncomfortable but possible. ended up buying my girl her own supermoto. wayyy easier

I have a wr450. Baja Design makes a set of pegs for passengers. My wife is 5' and 100lbs. If she was a bigger person it would be a little tougher. Note the most comfortable but we have fun.

my wife and i ride 2 up on my DRZ400sm quite often. we rode over 200 miles one day and it wasn't comfortable, but we enjoyed it. she's 5'7" 150 and i'm 5'9" 165

I live in the Northeast Georgia mountains and my wife has been on a few rides with me. I was actually surprised how well it did for us. (The bigger bore and stroke also helps...) It is fun passing guys on Harley's going up and down the mountain when I've got a passenger...

I'm 6'1" @ 185 and she is 5'8" about 145. For me, it's OK once in awhile, but it's not the best choice for regular 2-up rides.

When riding 2up on this type of bike the passenger will always feel like they are falling off the back. When my wife would ride on the back of mine i would end up sitting waaaaay forward and it really wasnt comfortable for either of us. Something like a dr650 converted would be better since its seat is a little larger and wider and the bike weighs a bit more. When you talk about an actual mx or enduro bike converted over at 250lbs, the weight of the rider/passenger makes it very very top heavy. If the passenger is at all twitchy or not used to riding it can get dangerous.

So really you have to ask yourself what you will use the bike for. If 95% of the time its going to be solo street or dirt riding then whatever bike you end up with should be fine. If it will be 25% two up a factory SM like the WR250 or drz will probably be a good bet. If you are looking at 50% time 2up then i would look into the larger 650 machines with larger seats, more weight etc.