Sign in to follow this  

Best Oil for Trans or Pre-Mix

I have been reading the threads but didn't find anything addressing this issue.

What is the best/favorite oil for 2 Strokes both trans and pre-mix.

I use Motorex 10W-40 for the trans and Bel-Ray SL-2 Semi-Synthetic 2T Engine Oil for premix at a ratio of 40:1.

I am sure people have a preference but has anyone had an issues. Oils to avoid. ATF?

ATF type F for the trani. is it the best? probebly not, have i ever had a problem? no so why do i use it, because its cheap, and there is no reson not to use it seeing as i have never had an issue with it.

as for my pre-mix. i have used almost every type. exepet the cheap, strawberry kind.

i have never had an issue with any oils. i personly like maxima products. when orderd in bulk they are cheap. super-M for the winter and caster for the summer months.

i love love love the castor oil, and if it didnt get cold here i would use it all year long. the oil smells good, it protects the motor and i have not ever had a gumming up issue with it.

I should have clarified. Does anyone know which oil is the best from a production or scientific perspective?

I know everyone has an opinion on which they like but certain oils have to be of lower quality and caused an issue at some point.

I have been trying to track down objective, factual info on why one oil would be better than another but can't find anything.

You never will either. That is the point of marketing. In many cases (pun intended) the same oil is in different bottles. Meeting a spec and often changes are all that matters. Beyond that, it is boxers or briefs.