Sign in to follow this  

97 rm 125 project

i just got a 97 rm for $420. it runs awesome. the power is great. but it looks terrible and the rear shock is leaking, the left radiator has a leak and it is going to need a whole new clutch. i am very excited to tear into this thing and make ride like new. the clutch hub is missing the thread mount for one of the springs. so it only has 4 out of the 5 springs. how is that even possible to break off? haha

sweet, got any pics of it? Im doing up a 97 RM 250 now. Mine was blown up tho:banghead:

i just got a 97 rm for $420. it runs awesome. the power is great. but it looks terrible and the rear shock is leaking, the left radiator has a leak and it is going to need a whole new clutch. i am very excited to tear into this thing and make ride like new. the clutch hub is missing the thread mount for one of the springs. so it only has 4 out of the 5 springs. how is that even possible to break off? haha

Sweet handling bike, and those Twin Chamber conventional Showas are the best! I like the ergos, slimness, lay out, of the 96-00 RM's better than the 01- currents.

i will try getting a before picture on. the power of 125 is great. i had an 05 rm 125 and the power is maybe more on this one. just messing around to diagnose all its problems, popped the clutch and it stood straight up i was lucky that i was so scared i kept on the handlebars and hopped back on.:smirk:

you like the power ? i was disappointed with mine just had full rebuild has fmf pipe and silencer and boysen rad valve, ive rebuilt the whole bike all the bearings etc nice bike to ride tho

i will try getting pictures up for a rebuild walkthrough. i currently have most of the bike disassembled