Sign in to follow this  

97 rm 125 project

i just got a 97 rm for $420. it runs awesome. the power is great. but it looks terrible and the rear shock is leaking, the left radiator has a leak and it is going to need a whole new clutch. i am very excited to tear into this thing and make ride like new. the clutch hub is missing the thread mount for one of the springs. so it only has 4 out of the 5 springs. how is that even possible to break off? haha

sweet, got any pics of it? Im doing up a 97 RM 250 now. Mine was blown up tho:banghead:

i just got a 97 rm for $420. it runs awesome. the power is great. but it looks terrible and the rear shock is leaking, the left radiator has a leak and it is going to need a whole new clutch. i am very excited to tear into this thing and make ride like new. the clutch hub is missing the thread mount for one of the springs. so it only has 4 out of the 5 springs. how is that even possible to break off? haha

Sweet handling bike, and those Twin Chamber conventional Showas are the best! I like the ergos, slimness, lay out, of the 96-00 RM's better than the 01- currents.

i will try getting a before picture on. the power of 125 is great. i had an 05 rm 125 and the power is maybe more on this one. just messing around to diagnose all its problems, popped the clutch and it stood straight up i was lucky that i was so scared i kept on the handlebars and hopped back on.:smirk:

i will try getting pictures up for a rebuild walkthrough. i currently have most of the bike disassembled