Sign in to follow this  

06yz250f questions

so im looking at getting a used 06 yz250f, i currently have a crf150rb. i know nothing about yami's. are there any comon problems with this year bike? ive searched and read about the front fork push but seems easily fixed with proper setup. any advice would be greatly appreciated!

i ahve an 06, i love yamis, they have a 5th vave for the exhaust vs all other bike have 4 valves. most of them have alot of low end-mid range power but can change that w/ sprocket set up. do you have a specific bike in mind, post a pic id like to see it if you can get one from the seller..

i have 10 or so pictures on my iphone but im stuck at work with no easy way to upload them til 12amish but the pics i do have the bike looks clean it has rebuilt front forks by nicoll racing but thats it no other mods done to it. overall very clean looking bike.

im meeting the owner at elsinoire mx track this coming sat to do the trade.

here's the pics i have enjoy :smirk:

DSC02389.jpg

DSC02390.jpg

DSC02392.jpg

DSC02393.jpg

DSC02394.jpg

DSC02395.jpg

DSC02396.jpg

DSC02397.jpg

DSC02398.jpg

so far i think once i get the bike and everything is all good with it, i'll probably invest in an ims 3.1gl tank for it, maybe some hand guards and a case saver.

Edited by 06silverbullet

yea this thing does look clean. there was the valve recall but on a 6 year old bike they should have been fixed anyways. but to make sure i would ask the owner. and if not then take it into the shop to get some free valves lol :smirk:

yea this thing does look clean. there was the valve recall but on a 6 year old bike they should have been fixed anyways. but to make sure i would ask the owner. and if not then take it into the shop to get some free valves lol :smirk:

yeah i saw the vavle recall thread in here read it up and down. but i agree i was going to do exactly what you said, new vavles are always nice

i just shot the owner an email. theyre the original owner so they will know if it was or wasnt done.

just got off the phone with the owner the valves were replaced by a loacal dealer in 07 with titanium valves, and the owner was able to give me some insight which tells me they know what they're talking about which is good.

thats cool. always good to buy from an original owner they know EVERYTHING about the bike which is good. are you planning on upgrading the bike in any way? looks? performance? :smirk:

thats cool. always good to buy from an original owner they know EVERYTHING about the bike which is good. are you planning on upgrading the bike in any way? looks? performance? :smirk:

i have a running list currently:

acerbis gas tank - i do long 50+ mile rides

promoto kick stand - so i can pee, and my cousine has this brand and i love it

acerbis black plastics - the bikes used so this will be a nice refresh

factory grfx kit - i don't like crazy sticker kits

over sized protaper bars - i fall a lot lol

acerbis hand guards - cause i fall and brake a clutch perch almost every time i ride lol... last time i broke my cousines 08 kx450 perch lol

case saver - obvious

slip on muffler probably a yoshi as i like the mutliple dba inserts

hey I have some nice skid plates for you. works connection for like $25 and a Flatland Racing (mo better) for $70 plus shipping. You could also source a WR2/450F fuel tank from 07-12. They're 2.1 gallons so 0.3 gallons more and then haul two liter bottles of fuel for another half gallon.

Have a new in box flywheel weight from Steahly and some Tusk D-Flex hand guards too (for sale of course). :smirk:

Have new 50 51 and 52 rear sprockets or a 13 front too.

Also, you said you wanted new handlebars. What's wrong with what you got now?

hey I have some nice skid plates for you. works connection for like $25 and a Flatland Racing (mo better) for $70 plus shipping. You could also source a WR2/450F fuel tank from 07-12. They're 2.1 gallons so 0.3 gallons more and then haul two liter bottles of fuel for another half gallon.

Have a new in box flywheel weight from Steahly and some Tusk D-Flex hand guards too (for sale of course). :smirk:

Have new 50 51 and 52 rear sprockets or a 13 front too.

Also, you said you wanted new handlebars. What's wrong with what you got now?

i will keep you in mind, i rather get a 3.4gl tank as i need to carry water with me and carrying bottles of fuel takes away from the water i can carry.

i want thicker handle bars as i it seems every time i dont have oversized bars i bend them the one time i go down.

why not go for white plastics with oldschool red graphics? the retro bikes look so classy.

not a bad idea. i honestly don't know jack about yami's other then james stewart rides em and they're blue lol. i'm primarily a honda guy, my dad started me on them and he rides em so yeah. i've been researching the hell out of this bike for exactly the reasons above i don't know em.

well i picked up the bike this morning, i'm gonna change all the fluids, and take her out hopefully this coming week

anyone have a pdf download link of the owners manual, i'm gonna try googling it

Edited by 06silverbullet

well i picked up the bike this morning, i'm gonna change all the fluids, and take her out hopefully this coming week

anyone have a pdf download link of the owners manual, i'm gonna try googling it

i tried finding those, it's honestly easier to just buy the clymer book for 25 or 30 bucks. because it's an owners manual times two!

i tried finding those, it's honestly easier to just buy the clymer book for 25 or 30 bucks. because it's an owners manual times two!

where do i pick those up? does motosport carry them? i def need something lol. i did find a download though the other day so ican atleast change fluids and what not

thanks for the download, so anyways the bike just got put on the back burner major time. gf's car got impounded and had to spot her for the tow fees/storage, dmv fees and other forms. basically the 1k i had saved up just got spent rescuing her car :|