Sign in to follow this  

HELP!!! 1994 cr125 plastics

hi from over the water,

im about to buy a fully rebuilt 94 cr125 at a good price, the question i have, is,

what plastics will fit the frame, i have searched for 3 hours, so far i know front fender up to 97 will fit, tank up to 97, rear mudguard up to 96,

can i buy a 95 or 97 plastics kit for it?

refering to this topic

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-971571.html

he has uprgraded to a 95 kit, what work is involved and whats the latest year plastic kit i can fit?

hope someone can help me after hours of searching im still unsure on side plates etc

Edited by HondaBoyUK
spelling

Front & rear fenders, and gas tank are the same so you don't need to switch those. The 95-97 shrouds are bolt on to the 93-94's. The front number plate is different because the triple trees on the 93-94 have 2 holes on the lower clamp which the plate slides into. I believe the 95+ use one central hole on the lower clamp that the plate fits into. I wouldn't think it would be that hard to rig it up, though. As for the side plates, these will fit but the mounting bolt is in a different location. You'll need to drill a hole in the airbox for the new bolt location and use a nut or something inside the box. The better way is to transfer the "fender nuts" attached to the airbox to the new location.

My bike is a 93 and I have the 95+ shrouds and side plates. One side plate has the fender nut transferred and the other side has a big hole that I used a plate/nut inside the airbox to attach the plate.

If you're into the newer look then don't hesitate to buy the plastics because it's easy to adapt them.

IMG_3770.jpg

I'm actually thinking about converting back to the 93 plastics, but I'll have to cover up the holes in the airbox that were made for the 95+ plastics. Wouldn't be too difficult. It's interesting to see the design of the airbox and almost seems like Honda had future side plates in mind when they designed it...

that looks friggin awesome! going to see the bike today, from a colleague in the workshop at work, was a bit apprehensive to buy a 94 at first!

your bike has completely changed that!:smirk:

what model seat/cover do i need to get?

MANY THANKS:thumbsup:

Edited by HondaBoyUK
keyboard spelling

It is easy to do a 94 to 95-97 plastic conversion. You can drill the holes in the air box like stated. I actually bought an airbox from a 96. On my 94, I bought the 96 air box (95-97 air box works, I liked the 96 because it was black). Then just Buy the front number plate from the 94. Motosport.com offers that in white so you can have the white front number and side plates with the black radiator shrouds. Mine turned out really good and I get compliments on it a lot. I got the graphics kit from throttle jockey.

009.jpg

008.jpg

006.jpg

All the 93-97 seats are compatible. You can pick the year you like best, but I'm not sure if all years are still available for OEM. Mine is the 97 cover. Aftermarket companies can make you a cover to your liking, but other than that you're limited to black from the major online retailers. Check ebay for additional colors though. Also, the OEM covers are like $75+ so that might sway your decision.

well:cry:

to really throw a spanner in the works,been to see it, its a 1991.

fully rebuilt, p/c frame, new tyres, stand,helmet, goggles and boots

£750 the guy wants for it, (around $1070)

ive looked for graphics plastics and options on upgrading, and swaying towards the idea of saving abit longer for at least a 1997.

which is the better bike? 90's cr's or 2000+'s

many thanks:banghead:

well:cry:

to really throw a spanner in the works,been to see it, its a 1991.

fully rebuilt, p/c frame, new tyres, stand,helmet, goggles and boots

£750 the guy wants for it, (around $1070)

ive looked for graphics plastics and options on upgrading, and swaying towards the idea of saving abit longer for at least a 1997.

which is the better bike? 90's cr's or 2000+'s

many thanks:banghead:

I wouldn't get a 91. I love my 94 but if I were going to do it again, I would get the 95-97 (if I were going to go steel frame). If I were going to go newer, I would get an 03 or an 05-07 (with preference to the 05-07). 91 will be a pain to get parts from. It seems like a lot of the aftermarket companies cut off parts supply at 95. Everytime I wanted to find parts for mine (like footpegs) I would find it a pain to find the part. Just my opinion though.