Sign in to follow this  

Aftermarket spark arrester insert?

Thought I read somewhere an aftermarket unit can be obtained. Having it rejetted, but want to open up the exhaust some. Is there an aftermarket company making an inexpensive insert? I don't want to spring for a slip-on at this time.

Thought I read somewhere an aftermarket unit can be obtained. Having it rejetted, but want to open up the exhaust some. Is there an aftermarket company making an inexpensive insert? I don't want to spring for a slip-on at this time.

PMB(promotobillet) makes an insert that opens up the stock exhaust by replacing the stock peashooter and it also comes with a spark arrester. Costs about $75. I have one i may be willing to part with...there are a few guys with them that i know have now gone to slipons...they may be closer to ship and more willing to part with thiers. Check it out.

Where in California are you I have an insert and spark arrester you can try out and see if you like it

When I had my klx I had tried the insert... it sucked balls. Save uo for slip on. So much better. With the header you can xhange oil fikter too. Full system for lije fice hundred is oretty cheao and will add a bit of hp.

With the header you can xhange oil fikter too. Full system for lije fice hundred is oretty cheao and will add a bit of hp.

What the hell dose this mean

I am ashamed to see he is from Illinois... Hangs head wondering whats happening in our school system...

Decoded, He means the PMB didn't help and to get a full exhaust where the header doesn't cover the oil filter access.

I tried the PMB tip and found it to be too restrictive also.

The stock muffler sucks, upgrading to a KX system is the only way to go IMO. I am running the klx header and KX muffler with PMB tip. Runs great and very strong. It lacks a little on top but comes back awake when I put a KX header on it. I switch back and forth. The header being in the way is a minor hassle it come off easy enough that it only takes a couple of minutes for to change my oil but I remove it change the filter and put it back on while the oil is draining and we finish at the same time. Lucky for the both of us.... I would throw the stock muffler away, only going to cause grief.

Alex

......FOR SALE....

SEVERAL PMB INSERTS

.......REAL CHEAP.....

TT KAWI KLX 450 FORUM