Sign in to follow this  

Washington 2011 sucked...the numbers prove it.

I actually thought 2011 was a nice year. Moved back to the east side of the state, got my master's, got a fantastic job, adopted a sweet little brittany spaniel, spending time with my beautiful wife. Life is good right? Apparently not.......I figured it out......5 rides last year....5!!!!!! My TE has 700 miles on it since new and its a 2009! I gotta get out more..:smirk:

I liked 2011, After a 2 or 3 ride year in 2010 my goal for 2011 was 25 rides and ended up with 30.

I went on one ride and nearly killed myself (not exaggerating here...see blog post in sig). I had an epic trip to Baja planned where my 3 brothers and myself would ride to the tip for the first time in our lives but it didn't happen due to sickness in the family (I should point out that it did happen for my 3 brothers...I just stayed home).

So your 2011 was a lot better than mine. Cheer up!

Had a baby with a surprise bilateral cleft lip and palate, spent April 4th-May 3rd in the NICU. Snow didn't melt until June. Rode 5 weeks in a row. Got hot, hit the pontoon boat waiting for some great fall riding. Rode Batey to Beaver September 18th. Next week my shop got robbed and they stole a bunch of my important gear (tool pack, Camel Bak). Mom got diagnosed with cancer again the next week. Got a vasectomy :smirk: Haven't ridden since Sept. 18th. I can count the number of rides on two hands, I am usually a ride whore! To boot, got the sled ready to roll and there has been NO SNOW! 2011 sucked!

Gotta make up for lost time in 2012, so..........

Wonderspoon I was gonna let you know we are heading south this weekend to ride cycles. Got a spot open for you! I'll shoot you my #.

I went on one ride and nearly killed myself (not exaggerating here...see blog post in sig).

Wow, what an incredible story. I'm glad you're alright and lived to ride another day. How long after the accident, did it take for your reoccurring nightmares to stop?

Could be worse...you could own 3 dirt bikes and average going once a month...somtimes twice when I am lucky

Wow, what an incredible story. I'm glad you're alright and lived to ride another day. How long after the accident, did it take for your reoccurring nightmares to stop?

They started fading about 3 months later, and then stopped nearly altogether around 6 months. I've had one or two random ones since then (most recent one was during a movie - adventures of Tin Tin...there's a part where a guy wearing a parachute get's caught in a propeller of a plane. It's supposed to be comedy but it made my hyper ventilate when I saw it was going to happen and nearly had to leave the theater).

Next planned ride for me isn't until September of this year. Possibly June if I'm lucky, we'll see.

I try and ride once a week normally, every other week at the minimum....a couple weekends in December I managed to ride 2 times!

I am going to keep a journal this year. It will be fun to see how much I ride. I got lots of days in on the bike last year.

I went a grand total of once this year. It really sucks when someone else manages to plan your free time for you. At least I have a street bike to satisfy some of my 2-wheel urges.

I went a grand total of once this year. It really sucks when someone else manages to plan your free time for you. At least I have a street bike to satisfy some of my 2-wheel urges.

Just say no to controlling the wife. What are they gonna do? Get a new husband? Doubt it. Once a month is nothing. It's less commitment than the Army Reserve. :smirk:

Get yerself a calender and set ride dates. Write them down and go ride regardless of weather or riding buddies. :bonk:

I am going to keep a journal this year. It will be fun to see how much I ride. I got lots of days in on the bike last year.

You are going to need a book for the amount you ride! Maybe I should do a blog about every ride..... hmmm....

It really sucks when someone else manages to plan your free time for you.

Hate to say it, but that's not free time...

i think i got around 34 days. i counted 26 going into the second week of may. that's about when i started the current job and the days dropped off, max of 8-9 since then.

about half or 60% of the previous few years. still not terrible though.

Seth, you need to ride more.:bonk::smirk:

:ride:No excuse here, I rode once a week in the mountains, on the XR for May, June, July, August, & a couple in Sept, but I never ride the weekends, only in the middle of the week. That way I stay out of the way of the weekend riders, and never saw any other riders at all this year. plus I rode the Goldwing almost every day this summer too.....It's great to be retired.:bonk::smirk:

about half or 60% of the previous few years. still not terrible though.

Seth, you need to ride more.:lol::smirk:

Steve,

by my calculations you were in 60% of my rides (but beaten out by Brett who hit 80% of them). I have to admit that I thought I'd ridden more this year, but apparently perception and reality don't always jive. After only a few rides in 2010 I thought 2011 would be different, but not so much. Since I started riding again in 2008, I'm fairly certain I'm under 20 rides total.....now that's sad.:bonk:

Steve,

by my calculations you were in 60% of my rides (but beaten out by Brett who hit 80% of them). I have to admit that I thought I'd ridden more this year, but apparently perception and reality don't always jive. After only a few rides in 2010 I thought 2011 would be different, but not so much. Since I started riding again in 2008, I'm fairly certain I'm under 20 rides total.....now that's sad.:smirk:

Only live once :bonk:

ON that note...fixed the WR today...ready to go!!

P1010001.jpg

YZ250WR2.jpg

Edited by Slackkinhard
Picture challenged