400 to 426 conversion, the easy way

I got the 400 running with the 450 exhaust cam. It runs decent but has carb issues. Even with a clean up, new needle & seat and the accel pump mod I’m not happy. The carb was missing on the 03 450 I got cams from. I ordered one from a 06 and hopefully will get that one working good.
Yes that may be better. The 05 and newer are more ideal. Sorry you're having trouble. Are you sure you have the intake cam timed normal with 14 cam chain pins between the top intake timing mark and the top exhaust timing mark? Wishing you better luck with the next carb.

Yes that may be better. The 05 and newer are more ideal. Sorry you're having trouble. Are you sure you have the intake cam timed normal with 14 cam chain pins between the top intake timing mark and the top exhaust timing mark? Wishing you better luck with the next carb.

Yes I do have the timing correct. Timing the exhaust 14 pins from intake. Even made sure slack was on tensioner side so when I installed tensioner it would still be on. Then triple checked it after turning motor over. The bike runs really well except for some hesitation when cracked wide open and idle hangs up on decell.