Pictures of KTM 690 Enduro Seat Concepts Seat

I'm looking for some pictures and reviews of the Seat Concepts seat for the KTM 690 Enduro. Specifically, I'm wondering if it is taller than stock. I looked into getting a Renazco made, and it wouldn't be till September. I can't wait that long.

If you have a Seat Concepts seat, post some pics and give me a honest review.

• 4 months later...

I've had the seat concepts seat on my 690 since the end of last year and have put ~2500 miles on it. It is no taller than stock (although I was hoping it would be taller) but is still WAY more comfortable. I ride standing up a lot and find that the wider seating area could have been shorter (front to rear) as my knees are bowing out around it when I am standing/leaning back far (like when riding fast whoops.) For trail riding and even tough singletrack it is not in the way but I may pull the cover off and trim the foam back a little to make it perfect. The wider seating area will make it more difficult to put your feet down being that your legs will be spread further apart, this is not a problem for me with a 34" inseam. I was on my bike for almost 9hrs on sunday and my bum can't complain... with the stock seat, 2hrs was about all I was good for without having to constantly alternate cheeks (how's that for honest!)

To sum it up, it's most definately worth the money and wih a slight foam modification it will be perfect for me. I recommend it 100%.I don't have any pics of the seat specifically but I can take some tomorrow if you'd like.

I have the Seat Concepts foam. I have not tried the Guts Racing foam for the 690; though I have their foam on all my other bikes in soft and "comfort soft" versions. Note: Guts doesn't make soft in their 690 foam, they have only one version of foam firmness. Seat Concepts basic foam is a more firm density, though they can make it in soft but they recommend this due to ther seat foam being so thin to begin with and the ability to sink right through the soft foam and hit your butt on the hard seat pan. With that said, the Seat Concepts IS indeed wider and splays your legs out. If you plan to ride standing up much you butter invest in some wider footpegs or footpeg add-ons (I got some from Zip Ty for $80). That way you can have your legs splayed but still be able to reach and stand on your pedals. I think trimming the edges a bit so you're not bow legged would be great.

My butt typically likes softer foam though surprisingly the wide, firm SC foam was good for my long 5 hour ride the other day without any complaints. Very surprising to find that out. Wish I had a way to compare to the Guts foam but I'm happy with what I got, esp when compared to months of waiting and $300+ or whatever Renazco seats cost. Plus the SC seat cover is pretty cool and can be customized.

Thanks guys. I also have a Guts seat on my race bike and like it but I mostly stand when riding that bike (450 XC-F). The Guts on the 690 feels comfy enough initially but I have felt a little discomfort when sitting for 1.5-2 hrs. Would rather spend $350 for something I know will be comfy as opposed to another $150 seat which may or may not be an improvement. I may just tough it out this coming dual sport trip.

BTW, I have the super wide Pivot Pegz and highly recommend them. took them off my 450 to test and now will need to invest in another pair.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I finished the work and installed the seat this morning....I had been using the stocker with a Stearns pad but that created width issues when standing.....rode a few hours this afternoon and it seems a success....

2012-10-11151021.jpg

edit: unable to load the photo...will try again later but this is a new issue for this site....

edit2: OK, switched computers and it posted......? One issue with the Seat Concepts seat is the front end clearance with the Safari tank...be careful to lift the front of the seat to get it inserted correctly....it's a bit tougher than the OEM seat but well worth it.

Edited by Infidel