Arizona Lake Havasu riding?

So I will be heading down to lake havasu city to visit with the inlaws february 20th or so. Anyone up for a ride? It looks like tons of desert riding, but no tracks. Let me know if you live out there or will be out there. I am solo so I just need some riding buddies while i'm out there. BTW I am sort of a newb, but can hold my own. I ride a yz450f.

lol the sucky riding is the reason im moving outta this crap hole... lots of single track and some ok riding up into the hills but all pretty dam boring IMHO..... i moved to the prescott/cottonwood area and cant wait to get the cr500 motard out and rip some shit up on mingus (going into jerome - 123 corners in 12 miles) ... ill have to get another bike to ride all the good fireroads/single track/trails/etc up there.. ive seen pics and thats some awesome riding up there....

wish i could help ya out more but its a retirement town that is full of people with money an boats pretty much... i wont miss it....

WOW! Thanks for the info. I think we'll fly out and stay a couple days and get the f out. That would have sucked to drive all the way out with the db and have nowhere to ride.

Where are places to ride on the north end of town? Just moved here 3 weeks ago. Anyone interested in going out this sunday? Either here or Parker or anywhere within 30-45 minutes.

I have heard that there is some good riding in the Havasu area. There is suupposed to be some single track up Standard wash. I live in Big River, right across from Parker. StephenG22 post back if your are interested in riding down this way.

I don't know what qkenuf4u is talking about. I have lived on the southside of lake havasu city for like 4yrs now and love the single track/ 2 track riding here and I'm from upstate new york. I ride a 2006 crf450x and have no problems, love the tight technical single track stuff, what a good work out, but I have also done 150 mile + riding from havasu to parker, across the parker damn on the cali side and back. A lot of good single track riding is down toward standard wash and some out toward the airport on the northside of town. Always looking for new riding buddies.

I have heard that there is some good riding in the Havasu area. There is suupposed to be some single track up Standard wash. I live in Big River, right across from Parker. StephenG22 post back if your are interested in riding down this way.

yeah id def be interested.. im in parker everday. work at parker yamaha. shoot me a pm

Bump, California resident here. Im going to be staying out at a friends house this weekend off of Palo Verde South Drive. The weather looks cooler so im going to bring the bikes for some morning rides before going on the water. Where are some close places to ride? The group im meeting there says they know places to ride, but i dont feel confident they do since they dont ride. Ive never been before and would like to have some "go to" spots so i dont waste my mornings searching for spots to ride. Any suggestions?

I would like to test my track bike (fresh motor going in tomorrow), but it isnt registered. Is that a problem? If it is, ill just bring my desert bike (Cali registered, is that ok for AZ?)

Thanks.

I don't know what qkenuf4u is talking about. I have lived on the southside of lake havasu city for like 4yrs now and love the single track/ 2 track riding here and I'm from upstate new york. I ride a 2006 crf450x and have no problems, love the tight technical single track stuff, what a good work out, but I have also done 150 mile + riding from havasu to parker, across the parker damn on the cali side and back. A lot of good single track riding is down toward standard wash and some out toward the airport on the northside of town. Always looking for new riding buddies.

well then you like boring riding is all i can say..... im originally from RAINSYLVANIA and thats GOOD RIDING (trees, rivers,rocks,dirt,hill climbs,) had a guy take me up the north end of town and ride up towards the towers ... was EH at best but then i was also on my cr500 thats setup for dual sport, w/ 80% street tires, so that didnt help.... but you can have that crap hole havapoo..... i have 2 of the best roads in AZ within an hours ride of me for the street bike and some of the best trails in the USA to ride for the cr5 (in full tard trim right now)....

• Like 1

qkenuf4u

well then you like boring riding is all i can say..... im originally from RAINSYLVANIA and thats GOOD RIDING (trees, rivers,rocks,dirt,hill climbs,) had a guy take me up the north end of town and ride up towards the towers ... was EH at best but then i was also on my cr500 thats setup for dual sport, w/ 80% street tires, so that didnt help.... but you can have that crap hole havapoo..... i have 2 of the best roads in AZ within an hours ride of me for the street bike and some of the best trails in the USA to ride for the cr5 (in full tard trim right now)....

I know all about the trees, rivers, rocks, dirt is more like clay, and big hill climbs! I'm from nothern new york but the riding is not all that great up there and there are to many damn rules to obey by. Cops always giving riders a hard time. Havasu is one of most laid back towns I have ever been in. The riding is great here and you can put anything you want on the road here. But hey if you don't like it that's your problem not mine, maybe it's because you ride a 500 lol...just saying is all!

Anybody in Havasu want to ride, I will be here till Thursday, want somebody who can hang on the singletrack! Yeah I know its an old thread....

And the the post about the riding sucks here? You are out of your mind, there are 100s of miles of some of the funnest single track ever and I ride a lot and at many different places and I absolutely love it here, some really fun, technical singletrack, I bet I can take you on a ride where you wont be bored and would probably want to quit due it being too technical for you, lol. Cant be bored when your trying to concentrate on not crashing! I dont know where you ride, but totally untrue as far as being boring here, but to each their own.

Back to what I was saying, if anybody want to ride with me PM me here, I will be in town till thursday and I know my way around here very well and can find all the good stuff depending on your skill level, hit me up!!

Edit: just realized that guy hasnt ridden the good trails and riding a supermoto on dirt, lol. I will keep my Havasu craphole, some of the best riding around if you like difficult singletrack, apparently you dont, lol. Such a hater, haha.

Edited by Speed-Freek

Im reviving my old thread here.  Who wants to take me around on a bunch of singletrack?  Ill be in Havasu Nov. 22 to 24.  Nevermind my OP.  I am very seasoned now and ride some of the nastiest terrain allover the west.  Yes I can hang on whatever you can throw at me.  Is the track there still open?  Seems to be no info on website.  Some tour guiding def worth a few beers!

Thanks.

Edited by strokemetwice