went riding at prarie city after the first rain

muddy as all hell, rode on to the practice track and sank to my forks in the mud it was so deep..... had to paddle out

ill post the video soon.

&%$#@!....why did they even have the track open? that gate should have been locked.

&%$#@!....why did they even have the track open? that gate should have been locked.

Be careful. That comment right there will get BarefootBob and Shagnasty to call you a number of names and accuse you of being a Democrat. Seems anyone that has common sense such as yourself is a bad person in some of these TTer's eyes.

Be careful. That comment right there will get BarefootBob and Shagnasty to call you a number of names and accuse you of being a Democrat. Seems anyone that has common sense such as yourself is a bad person in some of these TTer's eyes.

Hey Wiley lets go tear the sh@$ out of our riding areas next time it rains! How come dem boys are always shutting my damn ridinn areas down? I just don't get it! Them cant control me from me own self, them don't know what fun is! My papa raised me to use my own head, I can't believe them regulated us at ----------------(fill in bank), stupid ass enviro natzi's what do them know about fun?? damn democrats! Screw you Wiley who is you to tell me about me! LOL. &%$#@!??

All I have to say is I'm glad it was prairie city and not my riding area, Problem with that is we get more regulations at all riding areas cause of the 5% theory can't use logic and common sense as to when to ride and not to ride!

• Like 1

I went to Carnegie on Saturday, it was sunny at my house when I left with 30% chance of rain. Due to the rain all they had open were the tracks and the flat fire road. The MX track was very snotty and slippery (not nearly as bad as that), but fun for a few laps. Only took like 5 hours to clean the bike.

I think the reason they open the track is because they groom it once a week and can eliminate the ruts. I'm glad they had all the trails closed (wait does Carnegie even have trails?) as they would have gotten destroyed with it being that wet. I know that today after they groom the track it will be pretty close to how it was a week ago before the rain. Either way you look at it, it is nice to have a place to ride at rain or shine when you only have a few hours off a week.

Edited by joeprunc

All I have to say is I'm glad it was prairie city and not my riding area, Problem with that is we get more regulations at all riding areas cause of the 5% theory can't use logic and common sense as to when to ride and not to ride!

Hey BFB and Shaggy, this guy must be a Sierra Clubber, right?

I would not have ridden there in those conditions.... it's no fun and you spend more time cleaning your bike than riding. But here we can see what the conditions are in the video and comment about it. To say to these guys several days before riding there that they're resposible for how whooped out the place is because they are planning a trip there knowing it Might get some rain beforehand is a different story. Like I told you YZ, I don't disagree with what you are saying.... just how you come accross in the delivery. That's where my dig to you came about....thought you might be over it after your many rude PM's. So just to be clear I stuck up for some guys posting a FUTURE ride at M.C. that MIGHT get SOME rain before or during the ride. I never said to ride it regardles of the conditions. It was not a 100% chance of rain at the time when you decided to start critisizing their post for wanting to ride there "IF" it was open. I don't recall anywhere in their thread that they were gonna go no matter what the conditions were.......although the title " mud bog shootout" kinds paints a picture, i'll give you that. They may have gotten there and seen that it was too muddy. I just didn't think your comments to them were justified because it hadn't even rained yet and the weatherman isn't always right. As it turned out, it did get too much rain and they didn't go. At the time of your posts, that was not a given.

Edited by Shagnasty

... To say to these guys several days before riding there that they're resposible for how whooped out the place is because they are planning a trip there knowing it Might get some rain beforehand is a different story.

Your lack of reading comprehension is very evident. Please illustrate to me where I made such statements.

Like I told you YZ, I don't disagree with what you are saying.... just how you come accross in the delivery. That's where my dig to you came about....thought you might be over it after your many rude PM's.

You only got what you had coming. You attacked me on a public forum for posts that had absolutely nothing to do with you and of which were not directed at anyone in specific. The PMs you received from me you had coming. No BS in those. Just be happy I didn't post such for all to see as you've done.

Tony, our common friend let me know he talked to you. I think he attempted to enlighten you, but that obviously made no logical sense to you. The community is much smaller than you think.

Edited by yzwiley

if you guys want to start acting like bickering women, go start a new thread and get the F%$# off mine. you can call it " I think (insert name here) is an a$$whole because...."

so back to the prarie city video.... I had ridden there just a day or two before, I didn't expect it to be that deep, considering how hardpack it is the rest of the time. and i had seen some others go in there. lol oh well lesson learned, The rest of prarie city was a little snotty but not bad, now that it's been sunny for another week it's probably perfect.

if you guys want to start acting like bickering women, go start a new thread and get the F%$# off mine. you can call it " I think (insert name here) is an a$$whole because...."

so back to the prarie city video.... I had ridden there just a day or two before, I didn't expect it to be that deep, considering how hardpack it is the rest of the time. and i had seen some others go in there. lol oh well lesson learned, The rest of prarie city was a little snotty but not bad, now that it's been sunny for another week it's probably perfect.

Listen and understand!! That thing is out there....it can't be bargained with.... it can't be reasoned with...it doesn't feel pitty or remorse...or fear, and it absolutely will not stop...EVER! Until you are dead.

Can I stop it???

I don't know.... with these forums....I don't know.

I hate that place when it rains. The type of soil and all those baby heads make wet weather riding SUCK.

Although, my worst day of riding is better than my best day at work...

?

Thats why I ride there when it sucks. Learning to ride in the wet baby heads and snot makes you a better rider. The only thing that sucks is cleaning that crap off after a ride.