Sign in to follow this  

2005 cr250 front spokes question

hey everyone im going to be lacing up a new front wheel, everything is oem rim, hub, wheel bearing, and even spokes, so far i have the rim, hub and bearings but i was looking online at oem honda parts and noticed there are 2 different spoke part numbers and both part numbers are different lengths. as of right now im confused with which length need? or do i need both lengths, im so lost can someone please help me, this is my first time doing this -

SPOKE SET (226.5MM)

06440-KZ4-820 ---this is the one part number

SPOKE SET (240MM)

06440-KZ4-J40 ---this is the other part number.

You need both. One set is inner (towards the center of the hub) and one outer (towards the outside of the hub). So, if you have a 36 spoke rim, you'll need 18 inners, 18 outers. And, yes, one is longer than the other. I "think" the inners are longer but I screw that up alot so don't quote me on it.

Edited by HrcRacing27

thanks hrcracing this is exactly what i needed, i will be referencing these photos as well for when i go to lace the new rim up

Hey Guys,

Same idea with the rear wheel on an 08 CRF450R? Inner and outer?

Hey Guys,

Same idea with the rear wheel on an 08 CRF450R? Inner and outer?

i havent done a rear wheel yet but i'm going to assume so i'm pretty sure that the 08 450 rear wheel is the same as a cr250, maybe hrcracing will chime back in and post of a picture of a rear wheel he did as well

Yes, inner and outer. The outer spokes only cross one inner spoke where the front outers cross two inner spokes on their way to the rim. Back is much easier.

I have '08 CRF450R complete wheels, front and back, on my '04 which started as a CR250R. They will definitely fit, no problems.

Only pic I have below but I can take pics and PhotoShop the lines if this doesn't help. Rob at RTR Wheel Lacing did these for me.

IMG_5160_web.jpg

Edited by HrcRacing27