Sign in to follow this  

Cr125 harescramble mods

I have a stock Cr125 other than boyesen reeds. What should I do to it to get it ready for racing trails? What gearing should I use? I have a skid plate and Ill probably get barkbusters. What else could I use?

Probably the best thing you can do is re-valve the suspension. You can send it out or do it yourself, this is an awesome thread with tons of good suspension http://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/327668-diy-04-450-suspension-re-valve/

the stock mx suspension is harsh in the woods, also make sure your spring rates are correct for your weigh

barkbusters are a must in the woods, maybe go up a tooth or two on your rear sprocket. On my cr250 I run 13/52 which works well in NE woods. If your running long races a over-sized tank will save time by avoiding pitting for fuel.

Just like Nate said, get to work on the fork and shock. Start by finding out what springs you need. Race tech's website has a spring calculator that will tell you what spring you need for your bike depending on how much you weigh. After that you can either play with your clickers to soften up the suspension, or spend the money and have it revalved. In a 2 hr cross country race, you will not care about all the other "go-fast goodies" if you can't even hold on to your bike because the suspension has beat the crap out of you!