Sign in to follow this  

So which is better the KTM 505 sxf or the KTM 530 xcf, and why?

Im just throwing that question out there. I want to get a new bike and was wondering what people thought about those two bikes and why they liked either one. So if you could please post responses to this question and let me know which would be better and why. The kind of riding I like to to is desert riding, a little track riding but nothing big, sand dunes and trail riding and single track stuff.

There is no 530 xcf do you mean the 530 xcrw?

I have the 450 xcf. Its the 5 speed version of the sxf and I can tell you that its a bike that loves to be ridden aggressively. Its perfect for desert racing or the track. I also use it to ride enduros, but I had to put a throttle tamer on it. The motor has quite a kick to it and runs kinda hot. If you aren't racing, then the 505 sxf may not be the bike you want. It has no kick starter and no light. For trail rides or play rides, I use my wr450 90% of the time.

The 530xcrw is more of an offroad bike with better low speed manners and is easier to control. Its plenty fast, but probably not an ideal race bike. It has a kick starter and a light.

I would think its better as a trail bike and can do an occasional track day if you want it to.

Edited by mauricedorris