Sign in to follow this  

Rm250 clutch noise

Hey guys just got a 08 rm250. you might have seen my other posts about it skipping 3rd gear but i am wondering if anyone can tell my what my clutch noise is. its quite loud but as soon as you pull the clutch in it stops. I had the same problem on my 02 cr125 but i just left it and it never caused any harm. but if im going to pull the bike to bits to fix the tranmission i mightaswell fix this too. any idea's wat it could be?

i bet it's just the gearbox your hearing

if something is wrong with the clutch you'll see when opening up your engine

There is a bearing on the end of the push rod that rests on the inside of the pressure plate. That may be going bad.

It is likely the large gear you are hearing as well as a little loosness in the clutch basket. All clutch baskets have some loosness to them. Some more than others. There is no spec to go by. I have changed my basket and bearing and spacer and the noise is still there. Sometimes it sounds like there are a bunch of marbels inside the engine untill you pull in the clutch. Like the guy said, if when you take it apart, you will likely see if there is somthing going wrong. The straight cut gears are simply noisy. Thats the kind of gear is on the clutch basket.