Sign in to follow this  

ktm 300 exc Possible jetting ?

Hello Everyone now after much talking i went out and picked up a 2010 model done 22 hours.

The issue i have is the bike flows along pretty good then just before it really hits its straps its Farts and splutters a shit load then goes like a crazy maniac............

History on the bike is both the original owners couldnt ride the bike and found it too full on so the first guy put in different springs to tone down the aggressive nature .then decided it was all too much then onsold it.............the young fella was next who said no time to ride!!!

I dont think the bike has been given any stick at all and ,well i wonder if this has something to do with it ..................

Whats your thoughts as i just dont know ?????.

This is the first Kato i have owned and have a yz250 at the minute. the only reason to change over was it can be regoed for enduro riding

Regards Dazza

Edited by dazza1968

Had me stumped so i put all the jetting back to standard 0 sea level as the jetting i pulled out was to suit 5000ft, Ran the bike again and yes it was better but still didnt hit its straps properly.The bike if it kicked in was terrible and made my yz 250 look like a whimp.now i took it into the Dyno shop and hey presto my jetting was spot on and mixture a touch rich but apart from that all good.So out came the Reeds and hey presto the guy had wrecked the corner of one with a screw driver.?

All fixed and may i say the 2 bikes i have had dynoed are ther best running 2 smokers i have had so i think its pretty cheap really

Regards dazza