Sign in to follow this  

Buying first registered 250 trail/enduro

Hey

my dad has agreed to buy 2 new 250cc 4 stroke dirt bikes to ride around town and out bush.

what bikes should we get, im interested in bikes like the WR, CRF and KLX, endruo etc

but dad thinks WR, CRFx types all need rebuilding after time, unlike the XR-L's and KLX which will do 30,000km no problem.

what model/brand should i get? i only have $5000 to spend, going for second hand.

what experience do you have with high km's those higher performance bikes.

trying to avoid higher cc because rego and insurance price.

2004 Honda XR250L Thi Import, Unregesterable

I have a KLX250s and it is really heavy so if you want to do any jumps I won't get this. My friend has a Crf250x and its a great bike. Very light and responsive, super reliable, took it out of storage and started on the first kick. On my KLX250s I had to spray ether in the air filter to start it up after not riding for 3 weeks. I would go with the CRF250x because its a Honda, it will run no matter what.

I have a KLX250s and it is really heavy so if you want to do any jumps I won't get this. My friend has a Crf250x and its a great bike. Very light and responsive, super reliable, took it out of storage and started on the first kick. On my KLX250s I had to spray ether in the air filter to start it up after not riding for 3 weeks. I would go with the CRF250x because its a Honda, it will run no matter what.

just talking to the local bike shop owner, he recommended a WR or KTM, he mentioned that klx and xr's will do 30,000km easy but there heavy bikes. i asked about crf and he says the exilent preforming bikes but need rebuild every 5000-10000km

I would get a honda crf250x or 450x . they are great bikes you cab jump well with them or ride around town . some of the other on offroad models are heavy and really are just good for street or trail riding butt honestly not great at either . I would look and sit on all models first wr , crf ,klx ,ktm .. see witch feels good to you . especially the weight of each and comfort . all bikes will need service even the wr and ktm .