Sign in to follow this  

KTM Magura Clutch lever HELP!?!?!?

Ok... I have a 2009 KTM 505 XCF, and it has a MAGURA HYDRAULIC CLUTCH on it. I didn't put it on, it was on it when I bought it, and I love it. But I can't find the P/N for a stock like replacement lever. I don't want to spend $50 for an ASV, no need too. Just want a spare lever, but can't find the P/N. Any help would be great, and thanks in advance guys!

You can give KTM World a call, their in Cedartown. Just tell them your bike year and model and they should be able to help you out. (KTM's come stock with hydraulic clutches)I'll warn you it will be probably not be cheap, I think mine with the little adjuster ran around $35 or so.

P.S. Never broke one using handgaurds, but my brother broke his without handgaurds, told him I hated they cost $50 but I had one I'd sell him. :smirk:

I understand they come with Hydraulic clutches (Brembos to be specific) But as stated I have a Magura, specifically a Hymec Model 167. That's what I'm needing.

Some come with Brembo's and some with Magura's. Not sure why someone would replace a brembo with a magura? I run the magura jack 2 on my kawi and the lever fits most KTM's with the magura. When I bought a factory shorty lever from KTM I bought it for an 08 KTM 85 ($35.oo). I now use the two axis folding lever from Sunline V-1 MDX ($70.00)

Ok... I have a 2009 KTM 505 XCF, and it has a MAGURA HYDRAULIC CLUTCH on it. I didn't put it on, it was on it when I bought it, and I love it. But I can't find the P/N for a stock like replacement lever. I don't want to spend $50 for an ASV, no need too. Just want a spare lever, but can't find the P/N. Any help would be great, and thanks in advance guys!

Call KTM or Magura...I see the replacement levers all over ebay as I'll be installing one on my 98 cr250 in a few months this spring. I'm pretty sure it's a one size fit's all deal also. Not even sure you could put an ASV on it.

Gotcha, I didn't know they came with Brembo's all of ours have been Magura. I know my '06 had a EXC had a Magura. Might try the part number for a '06 and see if it will match, nearly bet it would.

Your '06 EXC does have a Magura... BUT it's a MODEL 169... mine is a MODEL 167. The diference is a 167 runs a Hymec Jack Screw with a directly attached pivoting lever. (Ref: KTMWORLD.COM P/N 7800293110004)

Where as a MODEl 169 has a rotating point to create mechanical advantage. (Ref: KTMWORLD.COM P/N 7800293110004)

This was a GIANT pain in the butt to find. Thanks for the suggestions guys.

Hey guys can anyone tell me which model magura I will be buying soon? Here it is, and it is it a "true" hydro clutch or not. I've heard some of them are not true, they are like a hybrid or something, but that's just the way I interpreted it.

Here it is:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Magura-Hydraulic-Clutch-Kit-HONDA-CR250R-1990-2007-/110772330502?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item19ca8ba006

That is a Magura Hymec Model 169

Okay thanks and it is a real full on hydro clutch? They say it's supposed to reduce clutch pull by 30%, wondering if that will be a big noticeable difference.

Okay thanks and it is a real full on hydro clutch? They say it's supposed to reduce clutch pull by 30%, wondering if that will be a big noticeable difference.

Yes, it will be a noticebale diff. I have a 169 and my buddy has the stock Brembo... he constantly complains about his clutch feel comapred to mine.