Sign in to follow this  

Where's Ron Hamp?

Does he disappear during the race seasons? I sent him a message regarding working on my head but he hasn't responded. I need new valves and seats cut.

i would find someone else to do a common valve job. if you want your head ported and set up for competition then maybe have him do it.

I believe he is recommending fastcore mods for that type of general work.

you can try Thumper at 661-424-1800. they do race motors all the time.

Theses days im not quite sure where im @ I was no longer able to do the repairs and valve seats along with my valves that i had done in the past .It takes a lot of time to test and desighn theses components the heads take even longer now with the fuel injection i have found that i have to track swirl and tumble with theses fuel injected heads its to a new higher levell of testing every thing has to be tested and recorded other wise you can go backwards .Im still doing some dirt track work by apointment as well as some super moto packages the mx is all through TUF.sorry.

Theses days im not quite sure where im @ I was no longer able to do the repairs and valve seats along with my valves that i had done in the past .It takes a lot of time to test and desighn theses components the heads take even longer now with the fuel injection i have found that i have to track swirl and tumble with theses fuel injected heads its to a new higher levell of testing every thing has to be tested and recorded other wise you can go backwards .Im still doing some dirt track work by apointment as well as some super moto packages the mx is all through TUF.sorry.

It's all good Ron!!!! Thanks for the reply.

Ron, do you think moving the injector above the throttle plate would cure some of that stuff with the tumble and swirl? Seems like the whole system would react more like a carbed version then.

@ lower engine speeds the spray wants to go on the hot valves to atomizes @ higher speeds the injector needs to be futher back.I desighned some intake valves that flow consideably better i think they may be a culprit causing a loss of power about 1.5 hp im going to make the back side rough just to test the therory the contour maybe just letting the fuel roll in while the valve with a flatter back offered more of an impact atomizing the fuel better .my number 1 head that makes the power curently takes less fuel in the mapping im leaned up over the stock map .

sound's like the EFI on these bikes is not much better fuel consumption wise at high RPM than a Carb., if all the fuel is not atomizing at high RPM higher fuel pressure and injectors with smaller holes would probably help

Sonds like a 2 stage injectir system with a shower head injector upstream could get you everything you need low speed burn and high rpm :smirk:. A lot ifthe sportbikes are doing it, it's probably only a matter of time until its applied to the dirt track and sumo bikes where sustained high RPM is needed.

i already built a dual injection system and tested on the crf 250 i had seperate controlers and tryed transistioning in the secound injector so the first shut off and the secound one controled fuel completley after 8000 rpm .i could not get the transition period to work correctly it acted as if there was a electric power or fuel pressure problem that i wasnt willing to spend any more time with .i moved on to other modifications.

i already built a dual injection system and tested on the crf 250 i had seperate controlers and tryed transistioning in the secound injector so the first shut off and the secound one controled fuel completley after 8000 rpm .i could not get the transition period to work correctly it acted as if there was a electric power or fuel pressure problem that i wasnt willing to spend any more time with .i moved on to other modifications.

I think it'd probably be worth trying that again with two smaller injectors running at the same time through out the RPM range. Maybe the smaller injector would atomize better since its only having to atomize about 50% as much fuel. Probably less since it'd atomize better allowing smaller droplets exposing more surface of the fuel drops for combustion.

I bet two injectors with roughly 45% as much fuel rating would do it. I mean, whats the pound rating on the injector itself?

shawn that had been tryed already by another pro team with both injectors firing @ the same time i heard they could not make it work im sure it can be done the dual controlers has been done on gsxrs i think maybe with a battery storing more energy to fire both injectors acuratley ewould help.