Sign in to follow this  

98' XR600R titling into NJ from PA

A guy found my ad for me trying to sell my 84' Honda Magna on craigslist and asked if I would be interested in a trade.

He has a 1998 Honda XR600R with all the lights/turn signals/horn to make it road legal. He has a reconstructed PA street legal title.

I realize that since it has the salvage title I will have to go to a special DMV here in NJ that has a salvage title unit. I spoke to DMV about it, and the lady said it would be no problem to get it registered(yeah, right...like I believe her :smirk:). I'm not sure she understood the whole question I was posing to her.

I don't want to trade this bike and then get stuck with a bike that I cannot register here in NJ.

Any ideas/thoughts?

If the bike is road titled in PA, you should not have much trouble doing so in NJ. The fact it has a salvage title is only a problem regarding insurance and resale value. You might want to speak to your insurance agent first to make sure they will cover it. Often, it is not that it is salvage, but it is the liability of a salvaged machine.