Beta

Nice video norona. Just considering that I might find a Beta on my continent, I would really like info on the powerband of the 350 and 400 if possible. I have ridden a friends KTM 350SXF and dislike the powerband. Too weak on the bottom and then too much of a rush into the top end. Not good in the woods for me. I want as linear a powerband as possible and still retain the "lighter" feel of the midsize bore. Just looking for intelligent info, not "mine rips" type stuff.

Nice video norona. Just considering that I might find a Beta on my continent, I would really like info on the powerband of the 350 and 400 if possible. I have ridden a friends KTM 350SXF and dislike the powerband. Too weak on the bottom and then too much of a rush into the top end. Not good in the woods for me. I want as linear a powerband as possible and still retain the "lighter" feel of the midsize bore. Just looking for intelligent info, not "mine rips" type stuff.

Well I will give you my two sence. Last year I did the demo tour with the new at that time 350sx and 250sx bikes, I am not a track guy but more of a woods rider and spent most of my woods riding on yzf 250's -5 years then ktm 250xc-f, the fuel injection system on the ktm was amazing especially for 250 as it really helps them out in certain conditions with less bog, more snap and less engine braking...I am really a 250 f guy since i like the power and I am only 140 5'6 so I dont need anything bigger.

This year I am working with Beta here in Canada and was reluctant at first not because I don't like them but more because the smallest bike was a 350, any way the first day was tough, it is heavier and you notice it, the gearing was a tad high for my liking in tight bc single track but after putting on some new rubber, micheline s12's and a 52 sprocket up from the 50 tooth it comes with and spending some time on the bike I can honestly say I really love the power and the way the bike handles. It is still too heavy for me, i would rather a 250 and if they made one i would switch right away. However the 350 is a joy to ride and where I lose in tight turns I make up in easy linear power when climbing even if it is tight...the bike pulls like a fuel injected bike.

Hope you get on one to see how it rides for you as every rider pro or beginner will always have their own impression on the bike and it is always just a benchmark, the real proof is the specific buyer throwing a leg over it. I let a guy have a go from his ktm 450 and he loved it immediately. For those 450 riders trail or track 90% of them will be faster on a 350, last year on the demo almost everyone is faster on the 250 over the 350's or 450's too, it is just the 350 and 450 pull so hard you feel faster but most except for the real rad riders are that fast on these bigger bikes int he corners, even talking with JSR last year he preferred the 350 to the 450 saying the 450 has too much, 5 time motocross canadian champ knows stuff and is not too egotistical to say it...most guy ride a bike way to bike for them and they get tired out, no 450 rider wants to go to a 250 so the 350 still keeps them macho and faster and less fatigue...

From the words of a Beta racer "I am faster on the smaller 350 than the 400 I raced last year" I talked to many riders that have access to both a Beta and KTM and all said the Beta had better low end. The Beta was slower in handling vs. the KTM and was overall easier to ride. For a trail average rider the Beta is a better choice especially DS riding. From what I have found out, if you race get a Husky. If you want an easy to ride bike get a Beta. The KTM falls in between them. The KTM is said to have the least low end of the three.

Edited by weantright

I tell my enduro buddies all the time

You think you got mad skills, balance, stamina, technical knowledge = come over to my house and ride my other Beta. You will be humbled very quickly!

I couldn't believe it myself when I bought the Techno.

Yea give me an enduro bike with a nice comfortable seat. ... I know it's important to stand but not all the time and without a choice to sit... I guess it would be great training...and/or torture!!!!

Well, you have to realize as well, the softer the seat, the less you'll be able to move around on it... It's hard to explain why, but just think about it for a second.

Well, you have to realize as well, the softer the seat, the less you'll be able to move around on it... It's hard to explain why, but just think about it for a second.

I think a nice soft seat is a butt magnet.

Here's a short part of yesterday's trail cleaning and "riding".

Edited by hawaiidirtrider

Duane, I got one thing to say about that vid=

REKLUSE!

Yea for here in this situation it's perfect... I don't want it for the riding around the cliff trail stuff in super steep downhills.. I want my bike in gear dead engine for those times...I don't have any vids of those types of situations..and I'm sure some guys like a rekluse anyway . I just think it's too dangerous in those critical times. I don't have any cliff type vids. I gotta post some later.. Maybe I can just post some stuff from torture.

Try a KTM or a Husky seat or lack of one. It's like siting on a board.

Yea I don't know about husky but my friends ktm 450's seat is shallow before hitting reef. The butt gets some frame hitting butt sometimes..at least compared to my bike. Even after getting a soft gutz seat it isn't as good as my cr and Beta. By design there's a ton more foam than the ktm 4t. 08' at least. I don't know how the new ones are.

Edited by hawaiidirtrider

Yea for here in this situation it's perfect... I don't want it for the riding around the cliff trail stuff in super steep downhills.. I want my bike in gear dead engine for those times...I don't have any vids of those types of situations..and I'm sure some guys like a rekluse anyway . I just think it's too dangerous in those critical times.

In these types of situations with the auto clutch, the addition of a LHRB is essential and mandatory.