Sign in to follow this  

2005 crf450x Baja kit help please

I just bought this bike from a guy on craigslist it's plated and has the Baja kit on it but never hooked the wires up. Their all run but nothing is hooked up does anyone have the scamatics or wiring diagram thanks everyone

Maybe check with Baja Designs.

I have one of their headlights on a CRF230F. Probably the same? Yellow is + High beam. Green is + Low beam (not used), and black is - Ground.

Do you have the Baja Designs harness with the connectors that mate to the headlight and handlebar switch? Do you have turn signals?

Edited by Sofiedog

There should be an installation manual on their website. The X is one of the easiest bikes to put a dual sport kit on, fused lead onto the positve battery terminal and the black wire with the ring terminal onto the negative terminal. You'll have to take the blue connector off the stock headlight and put it on the BajaD headlight the plug it into the stock headlight plug on the bike. Mount the rear TS where you like, brown is left and green is right and boom your done.

It's suppose to be plug i.e. and play but basically I have a red and black coming off both rear blinkers and a red and black coming from the tail light..I have the tail light switch for the master cylinder still in package....head light works no high hi low the front blinkers both have a red and black coming off them and the switch panel has a plug with a bunch or wires in it but I feel I'm missing connectors or something Baja designs doesn't have access to my certain kit scamatics only the new one so I don't know where to go from there I'm starting to feel like I got ripped off on this bike because of this wiring nightmare

Are sure it's a BajaDesigns kit for the CRF450X? To make sure you should have a switch panel with a 9 pin black molex connector, a headlight that has a relay and a mate for the switch panel's black molex connector. Then a 6 pin white molex that attaches to a mid-harness, then that attaches to another six pin white molex connector on the rear harness. If you do not have these connectors on the harnesses you may not have a BajaDesigns kit. If you do then red and black from the blinkers go to the brown and black for the left side and green and black for the right side. For the taillight you should have a red,blue, and a black and they would connect to the red,blue and black from the BD harness. The hydraulic switch that you have will connect to a blue and red from the BD harness. Unless they have totally changed the wire colors in the past three years and this wiring diagram is out of date it should be those colors. Ignore the reg/rec portion of the diagram. http://www.bajadesig...new-(kickstarts).pdf

Edited by BrassOnes