Sign in to follow this  

California Apr 21/22 - Moonrocks 2012 EXPO 3

I am the Skipper no more, but the legend LIVES ON!

The Wolf rides at Clear Creek, circa 2006

bobTClearCreekCAUSATe510.jpg

"You're just a memory of a love

That used to mean so much to me

You're just a memory girl

You're just a sweet memory

And it used to mean so much to me

Sha la la la la" - memory motel, the rolling stones, circa 1976

Edited by bigbobsurf

Why not live in a community with the best brewery in the nation???? Or at least have your son live in that community.

Second best brewery. Deschutes is better :thumbsup:

I am getting Hungry just looking at it

deschutes-black-butte-porter.jpg

Yum. I am about to say screw work and get a sixer

tumblr_m0qx2aapIS1qisjrio1_500.jpg

And since when does your favorite brew have its own sticker kit

420965_374452719250647_100000577670426_1301664_295039364_n.jpg

Edited by Mad Cheesy

I like Stone and Lagunitas over SN and Deschutes but they all make dam good beers. :thumbsup:

What's that about a beer scramble skipper..

RXBANDIT glad to see you in here again. You are one of the TT originals

the 8th annual 4th of July beer scramble this year will be Sunday July 1 at Foresthill, the same location of the original 1st annual Beer scramble back in 2004. greg pritchard RIP was there, Blue one I think, Dom, Pete, John, Ed and a few others.

I will be here in my SoCal home at the beach now, drinking a bunch of beers in honor of the July 4th Riot In Hermosa beach 1972, 40 years ago. an event I had much to do with, as I was throwing lit firewoks off our beach apt balcony into the crowds below all done as a crazy 17 year old, my first summer living with friends in our own apt..

That wild 4th of july was the original inspiration for the beer scrambles and most of my 4th of july parties ever since 1972.

Superslyko, don't you hate that its all about the skipper. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I spoke with Greg's wife just after he passed. She was in tears. I'll never forget it. He was younger than me!

Photograph%2520%25284%2529.jpg

Dr. Evil, this should come in handy for your new hobby!

engrish-funny-engrish-funny-what-every-little-girl-needs.jpg

Edited by superslyko

wow you still have the OLD pictures. Greg was a great guy. Only the good die young.

So is anyone going this weekend? We considering rolling out for the weekend with (Shadyatbest/ Worn Sproket/ Zen Dog/ Crackerbox/ Sharpie 1/ and Deadweight). So whos in and whos out? If this weekend is fizzling out I will just plan a day trip somewhere else.

I fully support your ride weekend at MR! somebody will be there! :thumbsup:

I'm in. I will need directions though.

so it ends, like it began. I need directions....to some where new. adios fine amigos.

Bob................................ are you really going to be there........................ or is this a Big Skipper event?
I need to know if I should bet again..................................... not that they ever pay up! :bonk:
628608.jpg
P.S. Do surfboards have an E-Start? :smirk:

elvis is king

It's the 1st picture that has me impressed! Is that the DRZ?! Is that Buster Brown?! I was told the DRZ is the best bike ever made. Of all the fun times I've had with Dr. Evil, the times that stay with me were...... The Boomer Sleep Over @ Clear Creek, The Purple Pirate Bridge @ Foresthill, & The Stonyford DooDeeDoo. Let's forget Collar Bone Alley.
CCI03242010_00001.jpg
The last Moonrocks event was fun. It was my son's 4th or 5th ride ever. Here I was watching & keeping him under control............ & I never got to climb those killer hills.
Here we went to all that trouble to get him polluted............................... 8 double shots of tequila................... and he still didn't learn his lesson. He called God again on the porcelain phone just last month. Oh to be 18 again. :smirk:
I finally have a bike that can pull those hills................... and it's no longer a big deal. It's more important that I get in shape so I can pull those hills.
Thank you Bob for postin' up. I'm in. Let's do this!

good photo