Sign in to follow this  

What gas is everyone running

So im currently rebuilding my engine and want to run a good gas next season

so my hard earned money rebuilding my engine doesnt go to waste.

Ive used the search feature and all the main topics ive found were older.

So my main question with every pump having ethonal what are you all runing in ur 2t ?

I was trying to figure out where i can get sunoco 100 in my area useing google but didnt come up with anything

gunna ask around and c if anyone knows, someone told me you can get it for around 7 dollars a gallon didnt know if that was true

Anyone running pump gas and not having problems ?

95 pumpgas

unless you're compression rate is higher than 13:1 more octane is completely useless

more octane is not more power, how higher the octane the more pressure and heat it can take before it combusts

so high compression (+13) needs a bit more octane to prevent detonation

so pumpgas is fine unless you americans have less than 95 at the pump? i heard canada only has 92 or so,??

Am running 95 octane here in the UK too. Ours is meant to be 5% ethanol now, I have heard it increases to 10% next year and am unsure if that'll be a good thing overall.

we still have plenty of 100% gas stations around here. I run 91 octane no ethanol

10%ethanol (not by choice)and 93 pump gas. I also use Star-tron additive. No problems, but I try to mix and use in relatively short time frame.

I use 92 to 93 fuel from the pump then kick it up in octane (as much as 4 points) by adding Maxima "High-Test" fuel additive. I run this in both my 2T's and 4T's. Never had an issue and has worked great. It's a great option to spending big $$$ on 100+ octane race fuels.

I run the Sunnoco GT 260. It runs really good in my YZ 2 stroke. Great throttle response. You have rejet for it. You can go on Sunnoco's web site and find stations that sell it.

Edited by tech857

yeah i was on that site the other night and was researching gt 260 looked like good stuff from what i found online prices its around 10 a gallon a little pricey

Here in pa every pump contains up to 10% E but what i have read it separates from gas and settles to the bottom so you could end up with more then 10% if your not lucky

Last summer i was useing 93 with up to 10% e but wasnt that crisp as i would like and was a little mussy on the bottom

If you can get your hands on Avgas it's a cheap alternative to race gas. Stock compression I mixed 1/3 Avgas to 2/3 91 pump no ethanol. With higher compression now I run 50/50.

My personal opinion is that running anything higher than 92/93 octane pump gas (in the US) is a waste as your motor is mostly stock (no port work and no change in stock compression). A 92/93 pure gas (no ethanol) would be a great idea if you can find it, my local Mobil sells a 93 non-ethanol premium and mixed at 40:1 my '08 RM250 ran very strong and clean.

So get a non-ethanol pump premium if you can find it, but use "normal" pump premium if you can't.

^^^

Yeah belife me i wouldnt waste my money on higher grade

thats kinda useless with out the engine work

but all they have here in my are is may contain up to 10 percent in premiums

so was just looking for some alternatives and people thoughts

I Pay 5.25 a gallon for 91 without ethanol, and add maxima octane boost. 5 gallons at a time. I was told The octain boost puts it at 100 octane when mixed with 5 gallons. I also Mix 32:1 with maxima full synthetic. No pinging at all. Ask the motorcycle dealers in your area where to go for good gas.

Stock YZ runs better on the gt sunnoco. I'm paying 9.00 a gallon. It seems to make more power and is snappy. But 90% of good response and power is jetting. The race gas is consistant and doesnt change with the seasons. Makes jetting more stable. Also donot have to worry about detonation destroying your piston.

I run 100 octane with 32:1 Motorex synthetic. That's the only way my bike won't ping. I've jetted richer than stock and also slightly retarded the timing. If I run only 93 I get the pinging. Most stations around here have ethanol in the 93.