Sign in to follow this  

HELP on Mirrors

I'm looking for some good lightweight replacement mirrors for my DRZ400S. I want something that will screw directly into the same mount as the existing mirrors and I am looking for something that weighs substantially less than the stock 16 ounces (about 8 ounces less would be nice). They don't necessarily have to be folding or rock solid in terms of vibration. I know there has been alot of discusssion on this subject, but I would like to hear from some of you guys that have found a lightweight stock-type replacement that works well for you.

• Like 1

I use these..They have good field of vision and don't suffer from vibes, and cheap as....

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/HONDA-CM185-CM200-CM400-CM450-CM185-CM200-CM400-CM450-CX500-CX650-CX500-Mirrors-/280785172309?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item416019b755#ht_4021wt_1037

DSC02343.jpg

Edited by craigodrz400sm
  • Like 1

Craig did you have to mod anything to fit those scooter ones? I really like the look of them but im confused when reading the description.

On the scooter ones you linked it says "FITS ON ALL YAMAHA MOTORCYCLE THAT HAVE 8 mm reverse thread(CAN NOT FITS 10mm and 8mm BOTH RIGHT THREAD)*

LH SIDE : RIGHT THREAD / RH SIDE : LEFT THREAD

Then I saw an add for a drz mirror from the same seller so I clicked on it and it says "UNIVERSAL FITS ON ALL MOTORCYCLE THAT HAVE 10 mm both side right hand thread(CAN NOT FITS YAMAHA AND REVERSE/LEFT THREAD)*"

The drz ones are to bigger when compared to the scooter ones so I definately dont want those.

So does the DRZ have 10mm right thread for both of the mirrors or 8mm reverse thread?

Edited by Romie
  • Like 1

Yes..

the DRZ have 10mm right thread for both of the mirrors

Sorry my mistake and well done for picking up on it.. :smirk:

The human error thing has hit and this is the correct link.....http://www.ebay.com....#ht_4021wt_1037

I have edited my first post as not to confuse others....

Edited by craigodrz400sm

DSC02343.jpg

It's not hard to tell you didn't take that picture today

Unless you got a break in the weather :smirk:

Some much for going for a ride today, I had to start gathering the animals two by two :bonk:

LOL...Hey Noah,the off road scene is going to be very average for a while...

I can relate to your dispair, the crap weather is forecast to continue for a week or so... :bonk:

I am as keen as mustard to ride somewhere...It's been 8 1/2 weeks now since my accident/last ride...

I started the E today after 9 weeks ..I started immediately ..It's good to know the fuel here in Oz is kind to jets...

I am always hearing of the guys in the U.S having starting probs after no use in a similar time frame..

Anyway the big wet will be over in a month or so... :smirk:

I reckon Craig, by the time it does stops raining you'll be right for a ride. :smirk:

Edited by Thumpin_Black_DRZ

Craig, you could do with getting the pressure washer out on that driveway. At least you cut the grass, lol.

I reckon Craig, by the time it does stops raining you'll be right for a ride. :bonk:

Hopefully.. :lol:

Craig, you could do with getting the pressure washer out on that driveway. At least you cut the grass, lol.

Ha Ha...Will do..It's going to grow crazy when the sun comes out. :smirk: .

Thanks for the correct link mirrors ordered :lol:

Your welcome..I purchased a 10 pack to allow for future breakages... :bonk:

The standard mirrors lasted me 13000km of some pretty tough riding with lots of crashes. I ended up snapping the mount off the master cylinder and bending the stalk. Went to the bike shop and spent $20 on a pair of honda XR mirrors.

Cheap, great field of vision and easy to get parts :smirk:

Thanks for the correct link mirrors ordered :smirk:

Just ordered a set...nice!

Thanks for the information Craig. I'm going to order up a set (or two) and give them a try as well. (You should be getting a commision from these guys.)

• Like 1