Sign in to follow this  

how to fit 2012 crf250/450 plastics to a 2001 cr125

want your old bike to have newer looks then this is the way

before we start things needed few extra nuts and botls and a hand full of washers cable ties and a dremel (or stanley knife)spare gugeon pin

first of all lets start with that front fender

you will need to drill extra holes to make this fit but looks good once fitted

img0694o.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

now we need 4 washers

img0717tb.jpg

place these between the rear holes on the fender this will give the front fender the right shape to match the wheel

img0718jk.jpg

NEXT WE WILL DO THE SEAT ONLY A BIT OF DRILLING IS REQUIRED HERE TO GET THE SEAT INTO POSITION TO MATCH THE REAR SO DOESNT LOOK OUT OF PLACE just shave the hole to the rear and up wards

img0709t.jpg

now the rear fender need to have some slits/holes so it fits better on the rear subrame (the sub frame will go into the holes that have been made this needs to be done on both sides

img0712oi.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

img0705jp.jpg

now to the side number boardon to the fitting of the side number boards

you would need the gudgeon pin now cut that in half

img0720ad.jpg

now one of these will go between where the numberboard attatches to the rear fender also gives it a better line and keep the flow of the plastics smooth and not skew wiff i did this after my 1st attempt to at fitting but this way makes it easier and better dont forget washers here aswelleither side of the pin

now to attach the bottom of the number board get a drill and fil to rear subframe

and should look some thing like this thats what holds the rear end in place

img0715p.jpg

now for the rad shrouds take a dremel and start to trim the plastic you will see where it needs to be trimmed when you hold it up against the bike dont worry about the holes not lining up we will drill holes for them afer its been trimmed

1st we want to fit it to the radiator

3 nuts and few washers gives it a good fitting to make it work

img0731wr.jpg

when this is in place just move it and drill where the bolts go into the tank

and should look something like this

img0727jq.jpg

need a few pieces of plastic to make fit to go where the air box is ive not got them on mine yet but have the cut ready to fit

if you want any info or are struggling to do this your self pm me and will try to help out as much as i can