Sign in to follow this  

2012 CRF250 fork bleeding

I finally got into a set of 2012 crf250 forks. Made some mild valving changes and reassembled. Bled both inners as I've always done and everything seemed fine. I installed the inner cartridge and went to pump the excess oil out and after two strokes I got a weird feeling and sound on the damper rod. This continued with every stroke. Felt and sounded like air. I figured it was air so redid the process and the same thing happened. so I tried the other fork. same damn thing. So last night I topped them off and left them sit overnight to degas. I haven't tried them yet this morning but has anybody else had a problem like this?

I was just looking at these again. With the new floating piston design, I don't know how you could get all the air that will be trapped up inside the bottom of the piston out. It is really deep and air will be trapped in there. What a crappy design. Is there any modifications being done to this piston yet?

I think a small bleed hole needs to be drilled in these newer ones to bleed out the air? Couldn't find the old posts...

in the old close the cartridge with 200cc of oil,close the comp click and push faster down for 10 cm of travel.

thats for 4-5 time. this method open the shim and make the air under the caps.

push down now all the rod and the air and extra oil bleed out..

that s a method for showa -kyb i use.

i don t know other method but i think there is a better then my

Are the 2012 forks different than the 2011 forks?

What are the stock stacks?

Dave emailed me the fix for this. So tonight I'll get it handled I hope. I'll let you know how it went. Thanks Dave.

Dave emailed me the fix for this. So tonight I'll get it handled I hope. I'll let you know how it went. Thanks Dave.

Just wondering if you could post the fix for this ie where to drill the piston,the link doesnt seem to work Thanks

Don't drill the  :censored: ICS piston as in the past!

Anyway, besides that issue, anyone come up with a good way to bleed these suckers?

Edited by Dangeroo0