xr650L/ xr600 Gaskets?

I recently ordered some gaskets online for my 650L. When I was ordering them it said they were for the 650L but the set I got said 600. I asked around and a couple people said they should fit. Do you guys think that they will fit or am I better off sending them back. I would hate to have to open them up and try and waste the money I spent on them. Whatever you guys can tell me would be great. Thanks a lot. ?

THe set that I bought for mine were for. If I remeber correctly there was only one gasket that was different and that was the side case with the area for the starter. The set I bought had one for each. The XRL will also need the gasket for the starter drive cover.

All the gaskets should be the same barr what's below due to dowel/bolt size differences between some models.,,All gleaned from the Sudco pdf on gaskets by matching part numbers between models.

GASKETS,,

Head and base are the same for all twin carb XL-XR600s and the RFVC XR500.

Above 1988 XR600 cylinder base gaskets are the same as the 650L

Above 1988 XR600 head gaskets are different than the twin carbs and different than the 650L,, Course the difference may be so slight that you can just enlarge a couple of the dowel holes with a knife/eyelet punch,,however they are different in part number terms,

Edited by Horri

Been,done that ?

The head gasket from the xr600r will not fit...they are different in the front where the exhaust ports down into the cylinder for the smog..run the XR600R gasket and you`ll have an exaust leak at those spots in the front of the head...the only other gasket i can think of that`s a little different is the stator gasket and you`ll get no starter gear cover gasket...

B

Been,done that ?

The head gasket from the xr600r will not fit...they are different in the front where the exhaust ports down into the cylinder for the smog..run the XR600R gasket and you`ll have an exaust leak at those spots in the front of the head...the only other gasket i can think of that`s a little different is the stator gasket and you`ll get no starter gear cover gasket...

B

well sh*%... lol what about the top and bottom ends? thats pretty much what i need out of it. should those ones work do you know? Thanks for the response

Everything else in the kit is identical except those gaskets........oe gasket i`m not dead sure on is the clutch cover gasket as the XR600R has a kickstarter.......but i`m 99% sure it`s the same gasket........the XR600R would have a seal for the kicker shaft..

edit: yeah the clutch cover is identical too..

B

Edited by brianhare