Sign in to follow this  

08 250sxf Bolt torque specs please

I'm looking for a easy answer please. What is the cam bridge and the cylinder head toque specs in inch lbs or in foot lbs please.

I don't trust my math to try to convert the nm to inch or lbs.

Thanks

Edited by RUSVD

It can be confusing. The original service manual says 18 Nm. There were quite a few seisures and people were using about 12 Nm. I heard the current version of the manual says 15 Nm (about 13 ft-lbs). Please let some others chime in, I use 12 ft-lbs.

Cheers,

MrHix

I heard about the revised version of the cam bolt specs. Also a revised oil jet size from a 100 to a 150. I changed the jet. I plan on assembling the engine today, if I the crankshaft back today. I hope some more people chime in with torque specs in inches or pounds, it would put me at ease. One of the members here Shayne_omac has been VERY helpful to me on my project.

it was 18nm in 07, many failures and changed to 15nm, some engine builders recommend 12nm and use loctite. I had one fail and found it was very common and no bridges were avail inthe US and i had to waqit two weeks to get it. The problem is the rear saddle has no bearings and has a pressurized oil for the bearing. Make sure you use assy lube-I did not-. I used the 15nm the second time and all is well.

A NM to Ft lbs conversion is that the foot lbs is 75% of the NM. So 15nm to foot is about 11-12 foot lbs.