Sign in to follow this  

95 rm 250 no spark

Hi all, i have a 95 rm 250 and everything electrical on it is new.... the cdi, coil, stator, kill switch and plug and i have no spark at all. Both new and old coil test the same, both CDIs test the same, grounds are all good. I just don't get it. The guy i got it from said it just died one day and so he replaced the coil and stator. he had to solder the 2 wires from the pick up which are red and white on the pick up and they go to red and green into the cdi. The stator is a ricky motorsport one and has 2 yellow wires for lights which the instruction say to tape seperate if not using. He has the 2 wires from the windings right, do the other 2 matter? he has red to red and white to green. And as far as the air gap, it seems to be non adjustable. help please

mike

Take a multi meter and measure the resistance of the wires. A manual should give the readings you need. You may have a broken wire somewhere. You didn't mention the plug wire so I would check that first. Unscrew it from the coil and check for an open. If it's open, unscrew the plug boot and check again. I had a plug boot go bad on mine and it drove me crazy until I figured it out.

Dudes, today i was looking at the bike and said that the only 2 wires in question were the 2 that got soldered. T blue from the pick up the kid had going to red and the green and white striped he had going to green. i cut em and reversed em and got a nice health fat blue spark!!!!!!!!!!!! I will be back in bussiness Tomm. once i get my rear wheel done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YeHaaaaaaaaaaaaa!