Sign in to follow this  

Gear box broken :S

Hi all,

Just went to go out on my baja 90cc dirt runner, and its broken :/ i managed to wheel it out in Neutral, then i started it up and clicked it into first, tryed to move forwards and it just locked up, so i turned it of, and tryed to put it back into neutral, but it wouldn't click back in, ive been trying for ages, and eventually carried the thing back into the garage,

Its recently been messing up and its getting old, but i was wondering, what do you think it could be? and how to i get into the gearbox??

Thanks

Mike

PS: it did the same on tuesday, but i managed to get it back into neutral to wheel it back in, and now it just won't do anything :smirk:

Here are some pics of it :bonk:

DSCF1651-1.jpgDSCF1649.jpgDSCF1653.jpg

You might get more responses if you post this in the chinese bike forum. To answer your question, if you are asking how to get into the gearbox, you might want to have someone show you first hand how to do it. Not knocking your aptitude or bashing you, but if you are asking how to, then you could cause more harm than good trying to tackle a job like this yourself. Another thing, this project might be more than the bike is worth.....

Chinese metal quality is poor at best, if the problem isnt within the clutch(which is likely), something internal like bent/broken shift forks will be catastrophic value wise. I would find someone who can help you diagnose it locally. Stateside those bikes were about $500 new, so Im guessing used its worth $250 in perfect condition. Broken, its worth maybe 50 to someone for parts...

Best way to fix it is to buy another motor off ebay and drop it in. I just checked around Ebay UK, and a new 110 semi auto drop in crate motor is £175.00.

Broken, these bikes are freebies. Even in never used shape, you're not lookin at much resale value.