Sign in to follow this  

Cracked Tank on 00 YZ125 - Replacements?

I have a 2000 YZ125 with a crack in the tank and before I try to repair it, I'd like to look for a relatively cheap replacement. I don't really care to have a bigger tank but wouldn't mind one that's slightly bigger. Probably going to be doing some MX & woods riding. What years of YZ's are interchangeable? 250?

Thanks

...What years of YZ's are interchangeable?
1996 through 2001, 125 & 250 will all fit, but the '96, '97, & (I think) '98 tanks are a darker blue.

You should not have any problem finding a '99 - '01 YZ tank on fleaBay; a good, average price would be around $75.

If you decide to repair your cracked tank, be sure to post and share the information!

Is it cracked where the seat and tank meet? I had 99 YZ400 that cracked there. I replaced with a Clark tank. No more problems. Why mess with an old tank that may just crack again. If I recall it was a Yamaha problem back then.

If you want, you should get a used tank from the newer model. the 96-01 has the same tank thats on your bike, but the 2002-2012 has the newer gas tank. it will fit on your bike, but the 02-2012 bolts fall 1 inch above the 00-01 stock gas tank mounts. just get aluminum flat-rod from lowes and have a much better looking bike. this will open up a lot more options for graphics. You can look up threads on this site where a guy did this, the gas tank conversions are all over the internet.