Sign in to follow this  

2010 TE 450, 6000 miles, 1 year of service, intake manifold died

Check your manifolds guys, and if yours does give up the ghost in the field, carry a roll of electricians tape, wrap it up, ride it out (2nd pic).

HuskyIntake2.jpg

HuskyIntake1.jpg

Check your manifolds guys, and if yours does give up the ghost in the field, carry a roll of electricians tape, wrap it up, ride it out (2nd pic).

HuskyIntake2.jpg

HuskyIntake1.jpg

I thought that only happened to Hondas.

How did you notice it?... hard starting?... or over heating?

I thought that only happened to Hondas.

How did you notice it?... hard starting?... or over heating?

Bike died on a minor uphil out of a creek. No e-start, no kickstart, would not start, I reached down to choke it, and felt the throttle body moving around, giant intake leak. Taped it up with black tape and rode it home 20 miles. Then I used hi-temp silicone to glue it back together and rode it today with a buddy. The Husky ran great. Here's some pics I took of him, temps in the high 50s here in Austin, TX

LagoFiddyKa.jpg

LagoFiddyKc.jpg

Edited by OlderHuskyRider

Looks like Lake Travis!!! Lived there for a couple of years over near the Dam.

Yeah, Lake Travis, down about 25 feet and goin' lower, we have a riding area close to the lake that is a failed subdivision/golf corse, lotsa good trails and degraded roads.

Husky6kMiles2.jpg

the latest boot on my '04 lasted a year before splitting last week. I think it was a backfire through the carb that finally did for it.