Sign in to follow this  

Washington How many fathoms is Tahuya?

Anybody been out to Tahuya in the last week?

Curious on how deep it is with all the rain and melting snow. If I'm gonna need a snorkel, might hold off. Just picked up a new to me 300 and it's killing me to not give it a try.

should be awesome this weekend...two dry days in a row, and forecast for cloudy. Can't ask for better IMHO.

I was out Monday 23rd. The puddles were full, and many. I did however, ride with 3 layers of goretex below the waist. I'm not a fan of being wet, or wet AND cold. Bottem line...Lots of water. Good luck with the new machine!

Anybody been out to Tahuya in the last week?

Curious on how deep it is with all the rain and melting snow. If I'm gonna need a snorkel, might hold off. Just picked up a new to me 300 and it's killing me to not give it a try.

I actually think tahuya sucks unless its pouring down rain. lol.

I actually think tahuya sucks unless its pouring down rain. lol.

Are you up for a troop support ride next week?

Dutch

we were there yesterday in full sunshine and the water was deep in many places but doable. what you will run into issues with are the downed trees if you ride the singletrack. we got over at least 15 in our 34 mile ride ( i know....cut it short from the usual ). at least bring a hand saw so you can clear some but help is needed with lots of them.

Joe

Are you up for a troop support ride next week?

Dutch

yes actually. What day?

yes actually. What day?

I won't know until I hear back from the troop. What days are you good for?

Edited by oldgrunt

I won't know until I hear back from the troop. What days are you good for?

Normally both days are good but Sunday next week works best for me. Got take dogs to the vet on saturday

was out there yesterday... It is a Icey Sloppy mess.. Ridable , but lots of downed trees and frozen puddles.. Cleared a few tree's off overland yesterday. The trial from mission creek to the sandhill is cleared. we didnt ride much past sand hill. Still some hard packed snow on the ground as well.

Enjoy!

was out there yesterday... It is a Icey Sloppy mess.. Ridable , but lots of downed trees and frozen puddles.. Cleared a few tree's off overland yesterday. The trial from mission creek to the sandhill is cleared. we didnt ride much past sand hill. Still some hard packed snow on the ground as well.

Enjoy!

That's a good explanation of today as well. Some good stuff, some sloppy mess. Strange how some areas have 8 inches of snow and ice, others just wet.

That's a good explanation of today as well. Some good stuff, some sloppy mess. Strange how some areas have 8 inches of snow and ice, others just wet.

That's typical Tahuya. On one of the enduros a year or two back half of the entree rode in the sun most of the day and the other half rode trough a hail storm. .

Bringing this back to the top. Heading to Tahuya Saturday, and wondering if anyone was out this week to give a conditions report. Is it a lake? Is a saw not optional? Probably doing Howell Lake and Tahuya River, specifically.

yall are crazy. Bring your rain gear and lady gaga boots. Downed trees and 3 foot sinkholes... no thanks.

yall are crazy. Bring your rain gear and lady gaga boots. Downed trees and 3 foot sinkholes... no thanks.

U kidding? Thatshalf the fun lol

yeah, I think saturday will be the worst day of all...I'll go and report back...y'all can stay home :smirk:

Edited by Slackkinhard

I'm riding tomorrow. Meeting up with one other thumptalker in the city of Tahuya itself. I guess they have some nice single track straight from his front door. Not the normal staging areas. PM me if you want to join (I'll need to ask if he minds another car parked at his house, but I doubt he will honestly mind). So far its just Sean and I, we could use some more! I hear these trails are mostly dry too.