Sign in to follow this  

05 KX 250 PC2 vs PC Works Pipe Shootout

OK so back to back with a PC shorty silencer.

PC2 is the off road version of the PC works pipe. The difference that I can measure between the 2 pipes is in the last cone section before the stinger. The PC2 is aprox. 5-7mm longer. I liked this pipe right off, better and stronger roll on power with a strong mid and a decent top that I was expecting to be much more flat than it was. The stock pipe revs well, this pipe is just off from that. For most riders I think this woud be a great pipe, more bottom, strong mid with a much better hook up than stock. It made the bike more Yam like, it was easier to ride.

PC works pipe felt like I went back to the stock pipe, softer bottom than the PC2, super crisp mid with a hard hit like the stock pipe. It reved a bit better than the PC2 and had about the same top over rev as the stock pipe, their close there. The PC works is not a top end only pipe, think of it as a very crisp version of the stock hard hitting pipe, some may like that, I dont. Both the PC works and stock pipe are weaker off the bottom than the PC2. Off the bottom id say the PC works and the stock pipe are close to a tie, they pull the same gears around the track. With the PC works and stock pipe at times you feel that gappy 3rd gear ( I run 13-49 gearing, stock is 13-51), the PC2 that gap in 3rd is all but gone, with the stock or PC works had me thinking 13-50?

So the bottom line you want a stock like hard hit and rip to the max that makes a 2 smoke fun but a bitch to ride sometimes? Go PC works it rips and is a powerful pipe.

Want your KX more Yam like, smoother, more bottom, strong mid(not as strong as PC works, but strong enough) better hook up with a decent rev? PC2 is your pipe.

Hope this helps anyone that is trying to decide between the 2.

What jetting was used and was there any jetting changes required from one pipe to the next ?

Jetting was the same both pipes and I felt no need to make any adjustments.