Sign in to follow this  

450sxf factory edition arrival

I was told the end of February for mine, I guess they have to be here by March 1st to meet the AMA rules?

I don't know how much it weighs for sure.Not a lot of tech specs have been released,that I have found anyways. The efi 450 engine is supposed to weigh 7lbs less than the carbed one,according to mxa.That would at least make it weigh as much as a 350.

its really not the actual weight , but how it carries that weight that really matters... hopefully it will be much like the 350 sxf-xcf ,they feel a lot lighter than they really weigh...

most of the new bikes carry weight very well. even tho a husaberg feels light it will show its weight in other ways. i do agree that the 350 feels light.

Edited by eotrampman

Lets get back on topic.....when the hell is this bike showing up??

should be soon, first 200 have to be at dealers by march 1st, the 2nd batch of 200 by june 1st. New MXA says Dungey was very dissapointed with WP suspension. KTM america now tied at the hip with RG3 to figure these things out with Rodger D. Waiting till fall 2013. IMO

your right. I'm glad im not the only one thinking the same. It also seems to not accelerate out of the corners as good as other brands. But could just be dungeys smooth as silk riding style?

I was at phoenix , only stewart and Villopoto were accelerating through the whoops, everyone else ,including dungey was

just maintaining the pace through them... Dungey is smooth and his KTM seems to corner amazing well... I tend to wonder if decoster and dungey built a orange suzuki...

we will see as soon as the special edition shows up!

how much do you think that factory edition is like dungeys factory bike? especially not the suspension. a suzuki can turn and thats it. if you have ridden a ktm the handling doesnt end with being able to corner.

Well not to get to outside the topic, but the frame, the cases, and i think the swingarm have to be the same as dungeys bike according to AMA. outside of that, nothing. And yes i would love to see the final result of the K-Zuk. Decoster, Dungey and now RG3 all in tow. Give it a yr or two and will see the best turning/handling, part spec'd out motocross bike to hit our shores. IMO

Dungy sure is doing well on such a terrible suspended bike, come on guys, the bike looks like it's working just fine to me. I have owned or ridden almost all the bikes out there, and I think the WP suspension works as well as anything else out there, my factory edition can't get here soon enough and I'm sure it will work just fine.

Im sure your right, assuming the internals in Dungeys bike are even WP? But let us know when your bike comes in and how it is.

Im sure your right, assuming the internals in Dungeys bike are even WP? But let us know when your bike comes in and how it is.

Will have an update after the first ride, It is supposed to be here by the end of February, hopefully sooner!!

As posted in my other thread below i just visited the KTM raceshop today and there were many Dungey-Replicas around.From what they told me they get shipped out NOW and they are all sold out already!

http://www.thumperta...raceshop-today/

Here's a couple of pics...

sam3306v.jpg

sam3305.jpg

sam3320.jpg

sam3321l.jpg

sam3322.jpg

sam3323.jpg

sam3330.jpg

And this is the ORIGINAL racebike fully prepped for Anaheim 2.....i can say that the Replica is a super sweet bike.The only thing missing might be the red numberplate but the right hand of "The Dunge" might be needed to get that;)

ninodunge.jpg

Edited by nino

I called my dealer today to see if he had an arrival date for mine and he said he is still waiting for a call back from the Ktm rep. This waiting and now seeing pictures of bikes in crates in California is killing me!!