Sign in to follow this  

JD suggested carb settings for sealevel

Howdy fellow riders~

Do any of you guys have the recommended settings for the JD jetting kit for an 2010 CRF250X at sealevel? Trying to help buddy out. Looking for needle [red] clip position and main jet settings and any other info you can provide.Thanks my fellow brethren! :smirk:

Howdy fellow riders~

Do any of you guys have the recommended settings for the JD jetting kit for an 2010 CRF250X at sealevel? Trying to help buddy out. Looking for needle [red] clip position and main jet settings and any other info you can provide.Thanks my fellow brethren! :smirk:

Depends on if he has a removed air filter screen, airbox mod and freer flowing exhuast!! (drilled 11/16ths baffle or removed, and or a after market muffler

Needle on the 4th position, 42 pilot, 155-160 main depending on more air flow...

• Like 1

Depends on if he has a removed air filter screen, airbox mod and freer flowing exhuast!! (drilled 11/16ths baffle or removed, and or a after market muffler

Needle on the 4th position, 42 pilot, 155-160 main depending on more air flow...

:bonk::lol::smirk::lol::bonk::lol: :lol:

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply bro. The bike is pretty much new but he has performed the airbox mod and drilled the stock exhaust. Backfire screen is still installed in airbox. He bought the moose jet kit but the biggest jet is only a 138 main. It looks like most of you guys are running a 150 or 155. So same recommendations?

Thanks for the reply bro. The bike is pretty much new but he has performed the airbox mod and drilled the stock exhaust. Backfire screen is still installed in airbox. He bought the moose jet kit but the biggest jet is only a 138 main. It looks like most of you guys are running a 150 or 155. So same recommendations?

Remove that screen bro, I just did it too, it comes right out. It has little metal tabs that hold it in. I have the moose fuel screw, airbox is cut and baffle drilled out and im at sea level-4000' (JD spec). Ive got a 152 in right now and my bike rips up top, I dont know if it can get any better. It revs to the moon.. But alot of guys are using a varity of sizes between 150-165. I'm gonna try a 155 as well. It wouldnt hurt you w/ those mods to go with a 155 main IMO. The trick w/ this bike that Ive learned it to let it breath. Its got a motor, it just needs air and then the jets to match it. Clean filter always, get rid of the screen and get that main in and you'll feel the difference.

Remove that screen bro, I just did it too, it comes right out. It has little metal tabs that hold it in. I have the moose fuel screw, airbox is cut and baffle drilled out and im at sea level-4000' (JD spec). Ive got a 152 in right now and my bike rips up top, I dont know if it can get any better. It revs to the moon.. But alot of guys are using a varity of sizes between 150-165. I'm gonna try a 155 as well. It wouldnt hurt you w/ those mods to go with a 155 main IMO. The trick w/ this bike that Ive learned it to let it breath. Its got a motor, it just needs air and then the jets to match it. Clean filter always, get rid of the screen and get that main in and you'll feel the difference.

]

great info, thanks! Actually on Saturday, he returned the moose kit and ordered the JD kit. So much more information and bigger jets come with it too. Thanks again guys

• Like 1