Sign in to follow this  

IN-LINE COOLER worth the money?

Had a brand name unit on a CRF250R, mostly b/c it was given to me to test. Outside of being lighter in the wallet (had I purchased it), I couldn't tell. The bike ran the same before and after the install. Maybe for extreme conditions where you need every advantage, big and small, for the typical rider, I see little value.

• Like 1

Hey I was looking on ebay and came across this http://www.ebay.com/...bd#ht_894wt_986 Just wondering if anyone has ever used one of these? And If they really cool the coolant that much for it to be worth it. Thanks

It's a gimmick, unless it increasing the oil capacity by at least 10%.

The oil would have to travel through a radiator device in order to reduce oil temperatures a significant amount.

It's a gimmick, unless it increasing the oil capacity by at least 10%.

The oil would have to travel through a radiator device in order to reduce oil temperatures a significant amount.

It's for coolant. You trim a section out of a rad hose and plug it in there.

One came with the CR500 I have, and it definitely would make a small difference increasing surface area and metal being more conductive of heat over rubber. I just can't figure that it would make much of a measurable difference considering the size of the cylinder that holds coolant and how small of a surface area it has in comparison to the radiator. Even still, if you are boiling over, fans or bigger radiators would be the way to go.

I didn't think it could make much of a difference for it to be worth it. Thanks for the input. My next purchase is a boyesen super cooler water pump cover and impeller!

Spend money on something else.... maybe new sticker will be more useful them that BS piece of equipment. If you are serious and try to have a better cooling system just get larger rad.

first do you have overheating problem with your bike? you never said so and if yes when, what type of driving slow tight wood trail?

That in-line cooler looks like a good way to add 2 more clips that can fail.

If you have problem with overheating, there is 3 things you can do:

1: Increase airflow over the radiators - that would be a fan.

2: Increase surface area on radiators - bigger radiators.

3: Increase flow rate of coolant - pump with more capacity.

I got option 1 on my bike which helps alot. I would install option 3 if only someone would make it for my Husaberg...