stiffer spring?

hey everyone I just bought a 2012 kx450f and need a stiffer rear spring, any recommendations? I went to race-tech and it said i need a 5.95kg since i am 225lbs

i'm 225 and i ran a 5.9 ..with 107mm sag i had about 25mm static sag,not enough,so i needed to go up one,,with a 6.1 i had about 34mm of satic or free sag. race tech has a 6.0 or eibach has a 6.1..if i was you i would go with the 6.1 ,,kyb only goes up to 5.9 Edited by jimjim180

Is there an easy way to adjust the shock preload on this bike? It looks like it will be very hard to get at the lock rings on the shock without pulling the subframe.

I did mine and didnt pull the sub frame. If you have a long drift punch of some sort preferably brass it makes it real easy.

Bro, they have one of the best customer service centers I know of. I got the phone number off the web site and never went back. Just call, they will walk you through recommendations before spending money. Just remember when looking at spring rates, and you can verify it in your manual, is that they use a different system, Kg and I think Ng or something. They will explain it, I can't remember. I didn't send everything off, I just got springs and did it myself, but if you want re-valve and stuff, they will send you box's and everything. Oh yea, 09 to 11 is same same.