Where to get bikes inspected for SB5800

I was thinking it would a good idea to start a list of places doing inspections for converted dirt bikes under SB5800. Anyone who has had an inspection done please post where it was done with the nessesary info(shop name,location,phone #) I will keep an updated list in the first post of this thread.

Mods...Could we possibly get this as a sticky

Edited by SPLATT

• 2 months later...

My ORV tab was still current.

So was mine.

That was until the title it was issued to was canceled and replaced with a new street title.

The current sticker was retained, but more paperwork issued to link the ORV permit to the new title.

Seemed stupid since the VIN did not change.

The subagent called the DoL three times and this was their (prossibly stupid) instructions.

Glad to hear that it cost some folks less than I paid.

It did not seem right, but not something that I was going to let delay getting my plate that day.

So was mine.

That was until the title it was issued to was canceled and replaced with a new street title.

The current sticker was retained, but more paperwork issued to link the ORV permit to the new title.

Seemed stupid since the VIN did not change.

The subagent called the DoL three times and this was their (prossibly stupid) instructions.

Glad to hear that it cost some folks less than I paid.

It did not seem right, but not something that I was going to let delay getting my plate that day.

The gentleman that helped me may have made a mistake, he seemed like he was a new employee. And to be honest I was so excited I did not read the paperwork. Ran over to Kinkos and laminated it back to back rolled it up and stashed it under handlebar pad.

Just got mine done thru Aurora Suzuki in Greenlake are off hwy 99 north of Seattle. Talk to Daryl in the service department. Took the paperwork to the dmv that took the longest time, went smooth got new plate for my crf250X ?

• 1 month later...

Went through South Bound Honda in Lakehood. As of right now haven't been able to get a licensing office that knows what they are doing. Three hours and three offices later still no plate :banghead:

The subagent needs to call the DoL in Olympia.

Most subagents are clueless and the DoL help desk isn't a ton better, but can usually walk them to the end of the trail.

• Like 1

The subagent needs to call the DoL in Olympia.

Most subagents are clueless and the DoL help desk isn't a ton better, but can usually walk them to the end of the trail.

Thanks Tod. Went back today and got it all taken care of.

I have heard law enforcement is really going to watch for converted bikes that have had much of the street legal garb removed. Think in terms of the rear fender extension that may be a trail hazard getting replaced with a shorty that technically isn't compliant. I don't think it will matter if you are in an ORV trail network but it may if you are on the pavement. Has anyone else heard this?

NC

I have heard law enforcement is really going to watch for converted bikes that have had much of the street legal garb removed. Think in terms of the rear fender extension that may be a trail hazard getting replaced with a shorty that technically isn't compliant. I don't think it will matter if you are in an ORV trail network but it may if you are on the pavement. Has anyone else heard this?

NC

You are on a motorcycle.... You WILL be discriminated against by the PoPo. Doesn't matter what you have, they will find something.

NC

They have now.

Where have you "heard" it?

Edited by moto vita

Like I said before, I seriously doubt that LEO's are going to be out measuring fenders on converted dirt bikes.

Look at the vast number of sport bikes that have their plates stuffed up under the inner fender or have a fender eliminator kit installed.

I am pretty certain that the only time someone is going to be rousted by the local fuzz is when they are acting like a tard-$*(@.

Edited by guns_equal_freedom
  • Like 1