Sign in to follow this  

What did you do with your stock exhaust

No, I don't want it. :smirk: I've got mine hanging from the rafters in my shed and it's got some extension cords and a framing nailer hanging off its various bends.

Seeing as it's totally useless and they're flooding ebay like brake pads, grips, and bike covers I was thinking about mounting it on the wall as some sort of display. Has anybody else done this?

Cheers, Steve

save it ! a friend got popped by a revenuer, pay fine, if caught again threatend with impound!

My stock exhaust is cluttering up my already cluttered shed along with the OEM fuel tank and shrouds.

Then there is pipes and assorted parts from a succession of road/race bikes gathered over the last 30 years.

Not forgetting I also have a road bike and a collection of push bikes.

Exacerbated by a wife who thinks my shed is a place to store furniture past it's use by date. :bonk:

And don't start me on what the kids leave in my shed :smirk:

I through mine in a pile of scrap outside my dads shop with several other stock exhausts in the pile, then got sold for scrap metal while hauling other stuff in! about the most I figure its worth at around $.10 a pound lol.

I gave my SM stock pipe to a fellow TT'er...He just paid the freight...I was glad to gain some shed space and he was "as happy as Larry "

I have a triple bay garage and dedicate one bay for 4 push bikes, 2 DRZ's, a compressor ,power tools, work stand and bench, storage cupboards..etc. :bonk:

That's my space which I am very territorial about...There is no way the Mrs. is putt'in any of her stuff in my Grid Square... :lol::smirk:

I modified it and adapted it to fit my generator. Had to cut it up and make a flange to fit the exhaust port on the generator. I was messn around in my shop one day and was wondering what I could do with the OEM boat anchor exhaust. Looked at the generator and had a bright idea... :smirk: . Didn't make it much difference in the noise level of the generator but I had fun doing the chop cut rebuild. :bonk:

I modified it and adapted it to fit my generator. Had to cut it up and make a flange to fit the exhaust port on the generator. I was messn around in my shop one day and was wondering what I could do with the OEM boat anchor exhaust. Looked at the generator and had a bright idea... :smirk: . Didn't make it much difference in the noise level of the generator but I had fun doing the chop cut rebuild. :bonk:

That sounds interesting..got any pics??

I left my e model exhaust bolted to the bike. It may not be the fastest bike, but its fun to pull up to the bottom of a big rocky hill beside a guy on a converted motocross 2-stroke 250, snap off two or three gears and ride away in silence while he works the wheels off his bike trying to get over the rocks.

I gave my SM stock pipe to a fellow TT'er...He just paid the freight...I was glad to gain some shed space and he was "as happy as Larry "

I have a triple bay garage and dedicate one bay for 4 push bikes, 2 DRZ's, a compressor ,power tools, work stand and bench, storage cupboards..etc. :bonk:

That's my space which I am very territorial about...There is no way the Mrs. is putt'in any of her stuff in my Grid Square... :smirk::lol:

Hmmnnnnn . . . that sounds like you still park some cars in that 3-bay garage. Good for you.

The left bay of my garage has two motorcycles, 3 bicycles, a workbench and a refrigerator in it, and no cars.

The middle bay has two motorcycles, two bicycles and storage for some sporting goods, and no cars.

The right bay has the welding shop, the wood shop, a file cabinet, no motorcycles, and no cars.

My wife would like to park her car in the garage, some day. :lol:

She's way too smart to hold her breath waiting for that to happen. :bonk:

Mine is propping up the front of my grill. The ex tried to roll it out of the garage one night while I was at work, she got the front wheels caught on the extension cord that her and the boy had out. busted them both clean off. 3 week old stainless 5 burner brinkman!

Edited by JAKE72

has anyone ever had any trouble with an after market pipe or carb with inspections? i am just curiouse is all i know that drz's are not the only bikes out there that have after market pipes available but one day when i was at the local dealer waiting for a new tire to be mounted and ballenced i over heared a guy who was there asking them to re jet his bike. they told him they could not unles it was for off road only.

Mine is in the garage attic in the pile of other exhaust systems. Never know when you or a friend might need an OEM exhaust.

I mounted it on a bench press where it belonged, might as well use the heft to a good end.

• Like 1