Sign in to follow this  

what does your oil look like in the sight glass?

When i let my klx warm up a bit and by no means do i let it sit here for minutes, i look down and my oil in my sight glass is like bubbling almost like foam. I use maxima 4 synthetic blend 10w-40. What does your sight glass look like when its warming up? I know some people say they dont see oil at all when its running. Just making sure its all good. :smirk:

As the oil circulates, it may cause a little foaming and/or bubbles to be distributed throughout the engine depending on oil type. No worries as long as you use a good grade oil [i use Honda HP4 semi-synthetic] and the level is correct.

It does? Bubbles like foam? Guess I never noticed. Hope I didn't freakout manbearpig.

It does? Bubbles like foam? Guess I never noticed. Hope I didn't freakout manbearpig.

haha you seriously did scare me for a second cse2c! but is all is good now just though it was alittle weird, thanks for replying TTers!

:smirk:

Check your oil level, using the prescribed method in the manual. Sounds to me like you're overfilled with oil.