ankle breaks which boot does it matter?

so you case it hard while on balls of your feet, can one boot really protect more than the other on an ankle break? The hinge sort of works against you in this scenerio. Ideally you reposition your feet for impact but what if you dont have time?

a boot that fits your foot the best will help, but for some crashes it doesn't matter what you have on, if you hit hard enough something has to give

if you case it hard while on the balls of your feet can any boot offer much in terms of protection? I agree that the top of the line boots offer superior overall protection. I havent worn anything but sg10s so i have no idea about how other boots feel while on the pegs etc.

it would be nice if a boot sort of acts like a wrist brace where it will prevents too much ankle pivot without taking away mobility.

Edited by eotrampman

IMHO, two of the best for ankle protection are top o' the line Sidi and Gaerne SG. My fav the SG because they just fit me better. The Sidi's are wonderful, but they have a low instep, so I found them a bit harder to fit my particular fit. Others swear by them.

I agree, but I would also add Forma Dominator boots in there also......

f970ed48.jpg